blackrican23

Andy Murray ends British drought

blackrican23

LONDON -- Andy Murray needed one more point, one solitary point, to win Wimbledon -- a title he yearned to earn for himself, of course, and also for his country.

Britain had endured 77 years since one of its own claimed the men's trophy at the revered tournament referred to simply as The Championships, and now here was Murray, on the brink of triumph after 3 hours of grueling tennis against top-seeded Novak Djokovic under a vibrant sun at Centre Court.

http://espn.go.com/tennis/wimbledon13/story/_/id/9456682/andy-murray-tops-novak-djokovic-first-wimbledon-title

blackrican23

whoa that was some drought , never realized it was such a long time .

kudos to Murray :clap  :clap

Mofo2

Fuck Murray the racist piece of shit :wave

blackrican23

:rofl  I should have known better

I know nothing about Murray sorry :nice

Mofo2

:rofl  I should have known better

I know nothing about Murray sorry :nice

I can't stand the dick, I was so praying he got beat you can't imagine how much!

blackrican23

77 yr drought , not even ones parents had witnessed such an event. Thought it would have been more of a glorious feat :D

TheRealDeal

Andy Murray ! :bow  The SCOTSMAN ! :bow  :bow  :bow  That ENDS a BRITISH DROUGHT !! :bow :bow         :fpalm     England & Wales can fuck right off !!!!  :uk  :deadhorse

TheRealDeal

Aye aye whatever son.

scribbs

A bit late with this but here goes. Personally as a Tyke (Yorkshireman) I never got bothered by the English/British drought. I had given up hope before Henman & he was never going to win it or as my late dad said "He'll never win as long as he's got an hole in his arse."

Tbh I didn't like Murray much but the whole Scots vs English was blown out of proportion & as a mate of mine said "We (English) are just as bad or worse than the other UK countries for bashing our neighbours." Anyway the comment was asked when Andy was having banter with Henman & was a common response I have heard numerous times from a Scot about beating the English. Fuck man, we whinge about the French, Germans, Argentinians, Irish; Welsh, Yanks, & Aussies etc etc.

Finally, we will stop hearing about the drought.