Chisora KOs Scott in round six; Scott claims he beat the count

GRIM

Standard?? According to WHICH standards?

He contravened no rules in fact he abided to them by the letter....tell me which he contravened!

• Members

He contravened no rules in fact he abided to them by the letter....tell me which he contravened!

:rofl Oh PLEASE man! Stop defending that old senile fool so vigorously! He counted out Scott at NINE! No defence for that, end of discussion!:coffee

Update! :tup

Malik Scott's camp protesting loss

The promoter of heavyweight Malik Scott has filed a protest with British boxing regulators over the controversial knockout Scott suffered against Dereck Chisora on Saturday in London.

Promoter Dan Goossen told ESPN.com that he wrote to the British Boxing Board of Control on Tuesday on behalf of Scott, seeking to have the sixth-round knockout overturned to a no-contest.

Scott (35-1-1, 12 KOs), 32, of Philadelphia, and Chisora (17-4, 11 KOs), 29, of England, a former world title challenger, were engaged in a highly competitive main event at Wembley Arena when Chisora dropped Scott with an overhand right hand in the sixth round.

Scott went to one knee, appeared unhurt and alert. He looked to his corner and then directly at referee Phil Edwards, picking up his count at six.

Scott rose at nine and appeared to be clearly off the canvas when Edwards waved his arms and ended the fight, angering Scott and his team because he had risen before the full 10-count. Edwards, however, never completed the count, simply waving the fight over after reaching nine.

"There was no doubt that the count did not reach 10 prior to Malik getting up," Goossen wrote to the British Boxing Board of Control. "The referee reached nine and simultaneously Malik got up. Whether or not 10 had to be verbally stated by the referee or just the elapsed time of 10 occurring, the facts (and video) will show neither happened in this case.

"Bottom line, Malik was up at the count of nine. The key is the decision was ruled a KO and not a TKO and subsequently the referee is required to count to 10 or, at the least, not wave the fight off until a full 10 seconds had elapsed, which it did not. A TKO would have allowed the referee to call the fight anytime before the count of 10. We've requested the British Boxing Board of Control to review the video and have asked to have the KO result changed to a no-contest."

Goossen told ESPN.com that he believed that Edwards made an honest mistake and that the Scott team just wants it to be corrected.

"The sports world has evolved through the years and a lot of it is through the use of instant replay," Goossen said. "We have the ability here, regardless of if it's days afterward, to make the right call. I don't think the referee did anything intentional to help the hometown fighter. I believe it was an honest mistake.

"What eats at me, and what I feel bad about, is you take a fighter like Malik, and there are thousands like him, who give their blood, sweat and tears to this sport," he said. "They are doing everything they can to get to the top and then something like this happens.

"It's not right for the fighter. If he loses, I want him to get that loss. If he didn't deserve to have the fight stopped, he shouldn't be penalized for it because the referee made a mistake. There is too much at stake. I don't want to take anything from Chisora because this was a competitive fight, but it should not have ended on a mistake made by the referee."

It has not been determined if the British Boxing Board of Control will review the fight and consider Goossen's request

Ref issues are universal , they happen here as much as over the pond. Elle making it seem like its a isolated across the pond

Referee reform is needed EVERYWHERE 

yes to a fault IMO  

His career kinda mirrors his personality. he reinvented himself a few years ago lost a gang of weight , got all tatted up while in a 4 year layoff I thought he would become more aggressive , which is all he lacked

Malik has been a player since at least 04 and look at his record , he was the heavyweight Gary Russell jr