Weight Loss Circuits

CruiserWeight

• Members

I am going to list the weight loss circuit that I do in order to lose weight. It is working quite well.

Do the following 5 times and do what you can do, it isn't about doing a lot. It is about keeping your heart rate up.

1) Pull ups

2) Dips

3) Weighted walking lunges

4) Ab Roller

5) Neck Bridges

6) Pushups

It takes me about 30 minutes and you take no break in between exercise or sets.

What have ya'll done for weight loss that works?

• Members

I think you should replace one of the lunges with a back exercise. Bent over row, pull ups, something.

• Members

There are two hand positions, overhand and underhand. Overhand will bring the bar to the lower part of the chest/upper abs. The underhand will bring the bar to your belly button. At least, that I show I do it.

• Members

That is a Pendlay row - Overhand 

The underhand is called a Yates row - Underhand

Sorry,  for the edit, I was sleepy when I posted that. Missed out on half of the post :D

• Members

I believe that underhand works lats while over hand works traps and rhomboid, but I could be wrong. That is just what I feel when I do them.

Edit: I am thinking about this and I want to add that I believe that both grips work all three groups, it is just that they work one or the other more so. 

If you have weak traps , the underhand will feel like it is working that section more, but that doesn't seem to be the main effort for the lift to me. It is similar to when your biceps get tired from bench press. I think this happens because the biceps, while not the main focus of the lift, are not as strong for the amount of work that they need to do when compared to the tricep and the amount of work that they need to do, so it tires.

I hope that isn't confusing.