"Cuban Punch Up - The Boys who fought for Castro"

blackrican23

• Members

This is a good one. It reminds me of a doc on Netflix~ China heavyweight where they go into the boxing academies of kids and follow them through their training in china.  The rest of the world does it so differently, but it does show in the skills of the young boxers..whatever the politics may be. It shows what serious training can accomplish good and bad compared to the training mindset of when convenient that is sometimes seen in the US...

• Upvote 1

This is a good one. It reminds me of a doc on Netflix~ China heavyweight where they go into the boxing academies of kids and follow them through their training in china.  The rest of the world does it so differently, but it does show in the skills of the young boxers..whatever the politics may be. It shows what serious training can accomplish good and bad compared to the training mindset of when convenient that is sometimes seen in the US...

do you remember the doc name? I'd like to check it out on Netflix

• Members

The one on Netflix was called "China Heavyweight."  They also have "The Boxing Girls of Kabul" about the attempt at getting Afghanistan women to box in the olympics.  ;-)

• Upvote 1

The one on Netflix was called "China Heavyweight."  They also have "The Boxing Girls of Kabul" about the attempt at getting Afghanistan women to box in the olympics.  ;-)

props :tup

thanx proper rep given :yess