Target's Netflix competitor featuring next-day TV shows to launch 'soon'

blackrican23

target--525x275.jpg

Target is putting a bull’s eye on Netflix and iTunes.

The retail giant is set to launch a new video streaming service called Target Ticket that will directly compete with the two leaders in the industry – especially with its promise to have next-day TV shows available for a fee, according to Business Insider. News of the upstart first broke in May when a website advertisement about the service went live.

Target Ticket promises to be a formidable foe with instant access to 15,000 movie titles, new releases and classic movies. The company says the new service will work with Windows, Macs, Xbox, iPhone/iPad and Android.

Employees have been told Target Ticket will launch “soon,†though details are unclear, Tech Crunch reports. Currently, it is in trial mode with only employees able to use it.

Movies should cost anywhere from $13-$15 to own a digital copy or $4-$5 to rent with individual TV episodes priced at around $3.

ABC, AMC, CBS, CW, FOX, FX, HBO, The WB, NBC, Showtime, Starz and USA have all signed on to participate. Unlike iTunes, Target Ticket will not have a "season pass" option -- you'll only be able to purchase an entire season of a show after it airs, according to Tech Crunch.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/business/target_netflix_competitor_featuring_2YKMYAiWHNvsfp6Ebw3uXK

I favor Netflix right now though I have been using them since they came out before the whole net streaming went live, I use to rent my 3 DVDs, as soon as I got them I would burn them slap the 3 DVDs back in the mail the same day and order another 3. My DVD library was full to the max.

The streaming is great also especially for TV series that I do not have the patience to watch 1 ep a week. I watched the whole Breaking bad in 5 days, Nikita also.

I use Netflix as well just for streaming TV series , rarely a movie.

7.99$ isn't a big amount monthly but if competition drives it down great, like when blockbusters had the market on lock , now red box offers rentals for $1.60 instead of 5.99$

There are more options available that don't cost you any bucks though, same old same old for me and nothing really new being offered that various sites offer.....even if it is illegally :coffee