Tito Ortiz Rampage Jackson is off

GRIM

Tito Ortiz has injured his neck and will not be fighting Rampage Jackson on Bellator's pay-per-view debut.

It looks like the worst-case scenario has happened for Bellator ahead of their planned November 2 pay-per-view debut, the main event "superfight" betweenTito Ortiz and Quinton Jackson appears to be off. Tito suffered a neck injury that has forced him out of the bout, according to MMA Fighting's Ariel Helwani.

More on the situation from MMA Fighting:

Bellator is currently seeking a replacement for Ortiz, and it is unclear at this time whether Jackson will remain on the Nov. 2 card. There is a chance next weekend's pay-per-view card turns into a Spike show with Jackson being moved to another event.

Tito had tweeted out a picture that said "I know everything happens for a reason, but sometimes I wish I knew what that reason was," along with his own words of "Sometimes I wonder why?" earlier in the day.

If they do somehow change from a PPV to a Spike card this late it becomes a really exciting Spike TV card.

But this did seem somewhat predictable, didn't it?