'Broken record' Froch will lose to Groves - Hunter

Mofo2

Trainer Virgil Hunter believes Carl Froch is a "broken record" and should move on from speaking about his 2011 unanimous decision loss to Andre Ward, while stating George Groves will have no trouble beating 'The Cobra' on November 23.

Hunter, who trains WBA super-middleweight champion Ward, was responding to comments made by Froch during a recent interview with Sky Sports.

Froch described Ward as "a very, very awkward fighter" and "not exciting", and stated how American broadcasters "don't really get excited when they talk about Andre Ward."

However, Hunter stated that, rather than criticise a previous opponent who defeated him with a broken hand, Froch should concentrate on his upcoming all-British world title fight with Groves - who he believes has the tools to emerge victorious in Manchester.

"Froch needs to get over it and get on with it," Hunter told BoxingScene.com. "I don't know why he feels the need to talk about Andre. He has a fight with George Groves, but in every interview, every time the microphone is stuck in his face - he starts to sound like a broken record.

"He admits that he can't solve Andre Ward, but at the same time he wants to demean him as a fighter. The question really is, why doesn't he want a rematch? He wants to have a rematch with everyone else, like Mikkel Kessler. He clamoured for that rematch, now he's asking for another one.

"I think what really bothers the kid is that he knows what Andre did to him with a broken hand. I think there is something deep down inside that haunts him every day and eats away at him, but at the same time he is afraid to step forward and right the wrong.

"I think he should focus on George Groves, because I'm picking him to beat Froch and I don't consider it an upset. I think Groves is the better fighter … That's the bottom line. Groves has the tools to beat him. I think he is going to use our blueprint to beat Froch.

"We had a Plan A, a Plan B and a Plan C. We beat Froch with our Plan C because Andre broke his hand. If we fight him again and use our Plan A - we will stop him."

Read more at http://www.espn.co.uk/boxing/sport/story/253579.html#1BEfp8kulzJwtbzV.99