Dana White Blasts GSP and NSAC

GRIM

I heard GSP got his ass handed to him, but the judges gave him a nice lil present?

On Saturday night at UFC 167, Georges St. Pierre successfully defended his UFC Welterweight Championship against challenger Johny Hendricks. At least, the judge’s think he did. The rest of the mixed martial arts community is currently in an uproar claiming that Johny Hendricks did enough to dethrone the champion. Even the UFC President Dana White feels that Hendricks was robbed.

At the start of the UFC 167 Post Fight Press Conference, Dana White went on a tirade about how the governor needed to step in and make some big changes to how the Nevada State Athletic Commission operates.

“Did you see Georges get smashed and hurt in the first round? It’s about damage. This is a fight. It’s about whoever inflicts the most damage. He got hurt, he got wobbled, he got dropped. I’m blown away that Georges St. Pierre won that fight. And listen, I’m a promoter. He’s the biggest pay-per-view star on the f*****g planet for me, and I still don’t think he won that fight. I want what’s fair and that wasn’t fair.” White claimed.

He continued, “I think the Nevada State Athletic Commission is atrocious. I think the governor needs to step in immediately before these guys destroy this sport like they did boxing. It’s absolute 100% incompetence and it needs to stop— I’m f*****g scared to come back here and do fights! I’m afraid of this state. I guarantee if you did a poll, not many people found that Georges St. Pierre won that fight.”

When a media member asked what he thought about St. Pierre’s quasi-retirement speech, his face got even more red.

“Did he say he wants to retire? He didn’t say ‘I’m gonna retire, it’s been great everybody! Thanks a lot for all the years, see you later!’ He said ‘I’m gonna take some time off and I’m gonna”— FIRST of all, that decision that happens, right? You don’t just say ‘I’m gonna take a while off and maybe I’ll be back and maybe I won’t’. You owe it to the fans, you owe it to that belt, you owe it to this company and you owe it to Johny Hendricks to give him that opportunity to fight again unless you’re gonna retire.”

When asked if he was going to try and convince GSP to come back sooner rather than later, White responded “You bet your *** I will my friend.”

Pay outs for UFC 167, these guys are getting scratch when compared to boxing,shit a Chinese making his debut 4 rounder gets paid more than the UFC champion.

‘UFC 167: GSP vs. Hendricks’ took place this past Saturday from a sold-out MGM Grand Garden Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

Not without controversy, the main event saw GSP retain his welterweight world title in a razor thin split-decision victory over top contender, Johny Hendricks.

The champ also took home the lions share of the disclosed 1.6 Million Dollar UFC 167 salaries paid out by the UFC With a cool $400k in his own pocket.

The rest of the payouts are as follows:

Georges St-Pierre*: $400,000 (no win bonus)
def. Johny Hendricks*: $50,000

Rashad Evans: $250,000 (includes $125,000 win bonus)
def. Chael Sonnen: $100,000

Robbie Lawler: $166,000 (includes $83,000 win bonus)
def. Rory MacDonald: $50,000

Tyron Woodley*: $104,000 (includes $52,000 win bonus)
def. Josh Koscheck: $78,000

Ali Bagautinov: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Tim Elliott: $12,000

Donald Cerrone*: $96,000 (includes $48,000 win bonus)
def. Evan Dunham: $25,000

Thales Leites: $20,000 (includes $10,000 win bonus)
def. Ed Herman: $40,000

Rick Story: $54,000 (includes $27,000 win bonus)
def. Brian Ebersole: $18,000

Erik Perez: $36,000 (includes $18,000 win bonus)
def. Edwin Figueroa: $12,000

Jason High: $30,000 (includes $15,000 win bonus)
def. Anthony Lapsley: $8,000

Sergio Pettis: $16,000 (includes $8,000 win bonus)
def. Will Campuzano: $10,000

Gian Villante: $38,000 (includes $19,000 win bonus)

def. Cody Donovan: $8,000