The most depressing boxing doc ever...

LMWBXR

• Members

Has anyone seen this? Possibly the most depressing boxing doc i have found yet.  "After The Last Round"  2009

Primarily about boxers and brain trauma, & the life that they live years later with all of the 'after effects' of 

the sport.  Some trite facts.  Some legitimate medical facts that aren't going to be news to anyone here.  

Then all of the sweet looking people crying...ugh.  Quotes by boxers talking about the right

to decide when it's time to stop fighting, and the right to freely choose to take part in something that we 

know is dangerous.  I think it's different now because we can choose this sport knowing the risks to an extent 

that people had no knowledge of 50+ years ago...  I want to keep my right to freely choose to do something

bad for me that I love..but that's just me..lol.  This thing WAS gut wrenching enough that I watched the entire 

thing..       Thoughts?   ?  ?  :censored

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=waJTKs_Uv-8

• Members

I agree! Tough to watch...but I could not look away.  I was curious to see where they were going in this doc... like would it be legit info, or just trashing on boxing.  I think it's better now with knowledge.. and medicine is better in many ways too.  Watching that makes me appreciate that I am able to box now, and make the most of it while I have it  :box  ..And I can totally relate to the crazy girl in the doc, lol.