Bradley Wants Marquez Next—Not Pacquiao Rematch

blackrican23

www.boxingscene.com

Timothy Bradley was all smiles at the 2013 Boxing Writers Association of America dinner Thursday night at New York City’s Capitale.

At the beginning of the evening, the welterweight titleholder was reunited with the second half of the early front-runner of Fight of the Year, Ruslan Provodnikov, who promptly asked him for a rematch as the two men shook hands.

Bradley obliged and told Provodnikov that he would get his return bout sometime in the future.  After the Russian challenger left, Bradley spoke about the redemption he felt after standing toe-to-toe with his last foe en route to victory, especially given the controversial nature and aftermath from his penultimate outing against Manny Pacquiao last year.

“What I want the boxing fans to take from that [Provodnikov] fight is that I have the heart of a lion,†Bradley told BoxingScene.com/CSNBayArea.com. “With my dedication to the sport, my dedication to my craft, hard work and dedication definitely does pay off.  Believe in yourself, even if nobody believes in you.

“It gives you something to fight for.  It gives you inspiration.  The fact that I came, and I was hurt.  I battled back, got hurt again, battled back, and to win a decision—a  unanimous decision.   And I was hurt several times in the fight.  I think that’s unbelievable.  I think that speaks loudly.â€

As far as whether he would prefer a rematch with Pacquiao or a matchup with Juan Manuel Marquez, Bradley was unequivocal with his answer.

“I want Marquez,†Bradley told BoxingScene.com.  “He’s the guy who knocked out Pacquiao.  You got two guys who defeated Pacquiao going at it.  Let’s see who the best is.  A lot of people, especially after seeing me fight Provodnikov, a lot of people will bet against me, but I tell you this.  Don’t bet against me because you’ll lose your money again.â€

• WBF OG

ahh the days of the real BAD...first telecast.  Marco Antonio Barrera vs Kennedy McKinney

is marquez vs bradley ppv? dont think it sells well 

is marquez vs bradley ppv? dont think it sells well 

the fight would sell, but it doesn't really excite!

It's only ever been Floyd ducking TBF

just the other day you were insinuating JMM was ducking him as well , you are becoming a regular chanclas

I never insinuated jack shit that he was ducking him, I pointed out that Manny had given him the chance of redemption and that perhaps it was right he did the same :facepalm www.learntoreadcommentsproperly.com

haha I am not alone in READING your innuendo ...... lets be clear JMM never said he NEVER would fight Pac again , its just not desperately next like Pac wants it

that fight is there Bradley JM Marquez needs to be made now , especially with Bradley coming off his most public pleasing performance, I think the fight excites enough

you cry for redemption  , but you have Pac winning 3 of 4 , surely one loss means nothing? or is it that it should have been more than one loss ?