Chelo Gonzalez gearing up for Ricky Burns

blackrican23

20130326_dep_3641263.jpg

Undefeated WBO #1 ranked lightweight Jose “Chelo†Gonzalez (22-0, 17 KOs) showed today how hard he is trining for his first world title chance on May 11 when he faces 135lb champion Ricky Burns at the Emirates Arena in Glasgow, Scotland, in a Matchroom Boxing presentation. “I’m relaxed in my training, normal, like all my 22 fights, but maybe with more intensity,†Gonzalez said. “I think thah we don’t have to change anything, just the fight plan, but that is work for my team. I’m very focused on training and to work on my skills.â€

Gonzalez trained for the media at the Caimito Gym in San Juan showing his skills Thursday in a two hour session with his trainers Roberto Nevarez and Andres Ortiz.

“I know, I’m going to fight in his home, but in the ring will be only Burns and me,†said Gonzalez. “I just want to beat Burns and bring the title to Puerto Rico.â€

http://www.fightnews.com/Boxing/chelo-gonzalez-gearing-up-for-ricky-burns-185346