Dereck Chisora remains keen to face David Price

Mofo2

Dereck Chisora hopes David Price can win his rematch with Tony Thompson as he wants to land a summer showdown with his British heavyweight rival.

Price suffered a shock stoppage defeat to Thompson in February and opted for an immediate rematch in Liverpool on July 6, instead of a fight against Chisora.

But the Londoner has no hard feelings towards Price and wants him to win the return bout in convincing fashion before battling him later in the year.

"David's got some unfinished business with Thompson. I believe that David was caught by a lucky shot and anyone can go down with those types of shots," said Chisora, who takes on Argentinian Hector Alfredo at Wembley Arena on Saturday.

"David has nothing to be ashamed of and shouldn't be putting himself down.

"He should train hard and do this schmuck quickly. I expect him to win the rematch. Me against him would be a great fight for the summer.

"I like David, I don't have any quarrel with him. He's a family man and a cool guy, but this is a business."

Chisora was halted by David Haye in last summer's grudge match and will attempt to end a run of three defeats on the undercard of Nathan Cleverly's WBO light-heavyweight title defence against Robin Krasniqi.