Chael Sonnen says Vince McMahon offered him $5 million to leave UFC for WWE

Mofo2

Believing any discussions of a comeback between UFC president Dana White and former heavyweight champion Brock Lesnar would be little more than a shrewd negotiating tactic, former contender Chael Sonnen drew a similar parallel this week on his podcast, 'You're Welcome.'

Discussing the matter with WWE writer John Piermarini, Sonnen revealed he was once offered a multi-million dollar contract to jump ship from the UFC to professional wrestling.

"Here's the nuts and bolts of it: I was offered $5 million by [WWE promoter] Vince McMahon," Sonnen stated. "Now, I was still under contract with the UFC and I never took this to Dana. I handled it on my own. I told [WWE], 'No' and that was the end of that. I never told Dana White this story, but here's why I didn't tell him. I knew if I called Dana and said, 'I've got a $5 million offer from Vince McMahon,' Dana would have matched it."

http://www.mmafighting.com/2014/10/31/7133665/morning-report-ufc-chael-sonnen-vince-mcmahon-ronda-rousey-dana-white-cerrone-mma-news