Chris Eubank Jr explains 'towel' tweet

Mofo2

Chris Eubank Jr says he meant no disrespect to Kell Brook when he questioned the decision to pull him out of his clash with Gennady Golovkin in the fifth round. Brook's trainer Dominic Ingle threw in the towel after WBA 'Super', IBF and WBC middleweight champion Golovkin caught his fighter with a series of unanswered blows. Eubank challenged Golovkin straight after his win at the O2, writing on Twitter: "If you want a fight with a real British Middleweight...come get some. My corner don't own towels."

http://www.skysports.com/boxing/news/12183/10575720/chris-eubank-jr-explains-towel-tweet-after-kell-brook-corner-ended-gennady-golovkin-bout

• Members

Chris Eubank Jr says; "The corner is there to help you clean your cuts up and put your Vaseline on, not to throw in the towel. If the going gets tough, you stay in there and take your beating like a man. That's what we sign up for, and that's all I meant when I said my corner don't throw in towels."  ~So, he says no disrespect meant, but obviously throwing shade to Kell Brook and his corner. This is spoken like a fighter- and from the perspective of a fighter.  The corners job is to see the bigger picture because all WE want to do as boxers is box and fight.  Eubank is basically reducing the job of the coach and corner to that of a cut man.   :palm 

Jnr would have soaked up the punches and gave more back than Kell...I watched the Sky coverage after the fight, watching it live on HBO and it was like watching two seperate fights...Kell got fucked up and im not sure Jnr would tbf

• Upvote 1

Eubank Jnr is a one-trick-pony. He has a dangerous uppercut at BBBofC level. Anyone worth his salt at World level can see straight thru this, and make no mistake Team-GGG will be well aware of this. Having said this, I would not rule out a big UK venue match up with Eubank Jnr and it seems GGG aint averse to it cos he came over for Brook. I feel they would relish it cos 1.it would sell out and 2. another easy win for GGG.

• Members
1 hour ago, Mofo2 said:

Jnr would have soaked up the punches and gave more back than Kell...I watched the Sky coverage after the fight, watching it live on HBO and it was like watching two seperate fights...Kell got fucked up and im not sure Jnr would tbf

I noticed the same.  A huge difference between the HBO commentators and the Sky coverage.  It would be interesting to hear both side by side.  I don't know much about Eubanks..  but his comments were shady.  :box

1 hour ago, selij said:

Eubank Jnr is a one-trick-pony. He has a dangerous uppercut at BBBofC level. Anyone worth his salt at World level can see straight thru this, and make no mistake Team-GGG will be well aware of this. Having said this, I would not rule out a big UK venue match up with Eubank Jnr and it seems GGG aint averse to it cos he came over for Brook. I feel they would relish it cos 1.it would sell out and 2. another easy win for GGG.

Eubank is teh quality of fighter that can make for Big upsets...dont underrate him!  

24 minutes ago, LMWBXR said:

I noticed the same.  A huge difference between the HBO commentators and the Sky coverage.  It would be interesting to hear both side by side.  I don't know much about Eubanks..  but his comments were shady.  :box

TBH they were the kind of comments I would expect from a hungry fighter trying to make a little noise....did we expect he would say he would expect his corner to do the same?? 

• Members
1 minute ago, Mofo2 said:

TBH they were the kind of comments I would expect from a hungry fighter trying to make a little noise....did we expect he would say he would expect his corner to do the same?? 

That is the truth.  :nice   Exactly what you expect from a hungry fighter stroking his own ego.  haha j/p.