Ward vs Kovalev Result

LMWBXR

• Members

Did any else think this was NOT a close fight or that the outcome was a home court advantage style robbery?   Other than the 2nd round knockdown I thought Ward was overpowered and lacked the combinations and punch volume for the scores he was awarded.  And I wanted him to win!!!   #rematchClause 

dougie fisher had it 117-100 , somebody who i have  followed for years but always question his scoecards, he seems ledermanish all the time

so if i give ward 6 rds he loses by a point for kd but if i give him 7 its a draw which is how i saw it  

I recall thinking lastnight i had kov up 3-2 and 5-4 at points so imo it was close , recall giving Kov rd 11 so i can give him 6 rds  but can i give kov 8 rds not so sure 

• WBF OG

how could anyone want to see that Hopkins/Floyd/Cuban style of boxing?

fuck that shit, I rather watch paint dry....and I did

• Members

The only thing that stood out to me was the slight slow down of Kovalev in the last 3rd of the fight.  Ward was behind from the knockdown and my opinion is that his punch volume was too low due to the fact that he was loading up and pot shotting the entire fight instead of throwing flurries and using angles to get his shots off :-).  To me that had him down on the score cards throughout.  His single 1 and 2 punch combo's were cancelled out every time Kovalev dropped bombs that were often landing cleanly.  I don't feel like he did enough in the final rounds for a Hail Mary style victory.  :peace

Added up my scores on the scrap piece of paper I had :D

.. K W
1. 10 9
2 . 10 8
3 . 9 10
4. 10 10 even round
5. 9 10
6. 10 10 even round
7. 9 10
8. 9 10
9. 9 10
10 . 10 10 even round
11. 10 9
12 . 9 10

114-116 Ward

• Downvote 1

On 29/11/2016 at 0:19 AM, JoshB said:

See I thought Kov won round 4 with his jab. I gave r 10 to Kov but Ward held his own in that rd as well.

That makes the fight even then and still far from the robbery that some have been calling it mate!

Kovalev Calls Ward 'Son of Judges,' Mocks Surprised Look In Tweet

Sergey Kovalev continued Sunday night to question Andre Ward’s win against him last month. The former light heavyweight champion posted on Twitter that “Son of judges” was surprised of design! It’s very funny. :yess 

• Upvote 1

58 minutes ago, GRIM said:

Kovalev Calls Ward 'Son of Judges,' Mocks Surprised Look In Tweet

Sergey Kovalev continued Sunday night to question Andre Ward’s win against him last month. The former light heavyweight champion posted on Twitter that “Son of judges” was surprised of design! It’s very funny. :yess 

yea Kov got in a good one , hope he backs up his crying in the rematch its his fault for not being the "krusher" and letting get to wards fathers :nice