Khan: Canelo beats Triple G and Chavez Jr.

Mofo2

Amir Khan is officiallyarrow-10x10.png endorsing Mexican star Saul “Canelo” Alvarez (48-1-1, 34 KOs) in saying that he’ll not only beat former WBC 160lb champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (50-2-1, 32 KOs) in their proposed fight on May 6, but he’ll also beat IBF/IBO/WBA/WBC middleweight champion Gennady “GGG” Golovkin (36-0, 33 KOs) as well.

Canelo and Golovkin, 34, could be fighting each other in September 2017 if the fight can get negotiated. Some boxing fansarrow-10x10.png have serious reservations about the fight being made, as they think Canelo’s promoters at Golden Boy Promotions are already working behind the scenes to make sure the Canelo-Golovkin fight doesn’t get made in 2017 by offering Golovkin only lump fee offers rather than a well-deserved proportion of the revenue.

It’s not surprising that Khan is on board the Canelo express, considering that he was knocked unconscious by the 26-year-old red-headed Mexican star last May on Cinco de Mayo. However, Khan was winningarrow-10x10.png the fight after five rounds in the minds of many if not most boxing fans. The fact that Khan, a mere welterweight, was ahead of Canelo at the time of the stoppage doesn’t reflect too well on Canelo.

Khan said this to esnewsreporting.com about his belief that Canelo beats Golovkin when or if they fight each other in the future:

“I think a lot of people underestimate Canelo,” said Khan. “I think Canelo’s a great fighter. He’s very strong. He’s a good boxer. He moves quite well. I give that fight to Canelo,” said Khan in speaking about Chavez Jr. vs. Canelo. Even if he fought Triple G, I think he beats Triple G. A lot of people are underestimating him. I don’t know why. I’ve been in the ring with Canelo. He’s hard to hit. He’s quite tricky, and like I said, he hits very hard. I think he’d give a lot of people problems. He’ll beat Chavez. I like Chavez. I just think he’s got the style. He’s a little more fluid,” said Khan.

http://www.boxingnews24.com/2017/01/khan-canelo-beats-triple-g-chavez-jr/

• 3 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...