Miguel Cotto Return is Off, James Kirkland Fractures His Nose

blackrican23

Miguel Cotto was scheduled to face James Kirkland on February 25th at the Ford Center in Frisco, Texas, but according to industry sources the upcoming HBO Pay-Per-View event is going to be postponed. Editor's Note: Cotto's team has confirmed the fight is now off.

- See more at: http://www.boxingscene.com/miguel-cotto-return-off-james-kirkland-fractures-his-nose--113255#sthash.9DA36VwL.dpuf

Dam! I know most pros don't like it but this is the exact reason they make no contact/face saver type headgear, to prevent fight cancellation injuries during sparring/training

• Upvote 1

• Members

You guys beat me to the post.  I saw this at 3pm but it was 'unknown' as to why the fight was off still ,and they were guessing he had a cut. A lot of the top pro's train in face savers.  They are annoying at times but in the weeks coming up to a fight it is worth the hassle not to lose your shot or your paycheck!

I am eager to see this fight whenever it happens, but not so much because I'm a Kirkland fan.  I'm an Anne Wolfe fan.  She is a beast of a trainer when it comes to hardcore conditioning omg. :redbox

7 minutes ago, LMWBXR said:

You guys beat me to the post.  I saw this at 3pm but it was 'unknown' as to why the fight was off still ,and they were guessing he had a cut. A lot of the top pro's train in face savers.  They are annoying at times but in the weeks coming up to a fight it is worth the hassle not to lose your shot or your paycheck!

I am eager to see this fight whenever it happens, but not so much because I'm a Kirkland fan.  I'm an Anne Wolfe fan.  She is a beast of a trainer when it comes to hardcore conditioning omg. :redbox

the pick up truck with the  bag is really hard core lol life threatening :madlol