Claressa Shields fighting on ShoBox

LMWBXR

• Members

So this is kind of big.  I checked out the boxrec on the other fighter and she has more experience than most of the opponents new female pro's are fighting for their 2nd pro bout.  Szilvia Szabados (15-8, 6 KOs) .  This is what people see when non olympian low level pro's (Raquel Miller for example)- start calling out Shields after fighting 0-0 and bad record fighters and saying they will fight Shields when the price is right.  Please. Earn it. :coffee    Shobox is progress for women's boxing.   

http://boxingjunkie.usatoday.com/2017/02/07/two-time-olympic-champ-claressa-shields-to-make-history-as-headliner-on-showtime-card/

• 4 weeks later...
  • Members
On 2/8/2017 at 5:19 PM, JoshB said:

Hopefully it's a full contact heavy hitting type fight like her debut was. Looks like this Szabados chick is a bit of a can crusher.

Checking out Szabados Box rec although she has 23 pro fights I noticed that the majority of her victories are against inexperienced or debut fighters. Also, It's her first fight in the USA. In the one fight I found of hers on Youtube she looked game and hungry but not overly technical. Maybe even feather fisted compared to Shields.. I think Claressa has better technical skills, more power and all of the experience fighting internationally in her favor. Can't wait to see how it goes down. (cough cough stoppage)

She is main eventing this fight... that is a start for progress in women's boxing. :-)