Leo Santa Cruz: My Father Said No Belfast, Says I'll Get Robbed

blackrican23

“My dad says not to go over there, because going over there would be a really bad decision and, you know, he is right and everything but if I go over there and I get the win and beat him, for all the fans to see that I win, that’s all that matters. Hopefully they see that I win and they give me that.”

Santa Cruz has always been extremely close with his father. Last year, their bond got even stronger when the elder Santa Cruz won his battle with cancer.

The three division world champion is very clear that his father's approval is very important to him.

“It’s very important, he’s my father, he’s been there my whole life, my whole career. I always listen to my dad. If he says no, I wouldn’t go there. I do whatever he tells me to do," Santa Cruz said.

http://www.boxingscene.com/leo-santa-cruz-my-father-said-no-belfast-says-ill-get-robbed--113573?print_friendly=1

• WBF OG

if he fights the way he fought last time, he wins again.  

frampton t-rex arms too short to deal with terremoto's fast boxing skills if they fight in belfast, london, cairo, buenos aires and even ho chi minh city.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, mexfighter said:

time to let go and be your own man, junior!

Frampton came to him twice, once as the challenger and the second time as the champion. 

• Upvote 1

• WBF OG

frampton wants to make his bones in the u.s.

being a champion from ireland and only fighting there will make the world think you're a fraud and/or protected.

• Upvote 1

• WBF OG

he fought cobrita gonzalez, a nobody, and was knocked down twice in the first round and won a decision.  he needed a mexican with a big following to grow his name in the states.

now he's known worldwide.  your british pride won't let you admit that.