Haye: I'll target Joshua next

Mofo2

David Haye will target a fight with Anthony Joshua if the IBF world heavyweight champion overcomes Wladimir Klitschko at Wembley Stadium. Joshua (18-0 KO18) is preparing to defend his IBF strap against Klitschko (64-4 KO53) in front of 90,000 fans on April 29, live on Sky Sports Box Office, with the vacant WBA belt also on the line.

Haye (28-2 KO26) is currently putting the finishing touches on his own preparations for his bout against long-time rival Tony Bellew (28-2-1 KO18) at the O2 Arena on March 4, also live on Sky Sports Box Office. However, the former WBA champion has taken time out of his training programme to stoke the fire ahead of a potential meeting with Joshua and insisted a clash between himself and the 27-year-old is the "biggest fight on the planet."

"If AJ beats Klitschko, which I and the rest of Great Britain are hoping he does, any time he is ready to do it I am ready," the 36-year-old told Sky Sports News HQ. "I'd have fought him on my first fight back from retirement because I know I can beat him. "Hopefully, if he wins, his team will have the confidence - David Haye is the biggest fight on the planet, let's make it happen. The ball is in his court."