McGregor wants Floyd fight in September

Mofo2

MMA star Conor McGregor wants to fight the much-anticipated fight with American boxing star Floyd Mayweather in September.

Mayweather, coming out retirement, had last week made an incredible announcement and that declared that he wants the much-hyped mega-fight to happen in June.

Speaking in Liverpool on the latest leg of his UK tour, Mayweather said "For Conor McGregor. I'm coming out of retirement just to fight Conor McGregor. Simple and plain, let's fight in June."

However, McGregor is currently taking a break as he prepares to become a dad for the first time in May, thus meaning that Mayweather?s proposed date of June 10 of the bout will come too soon for the Irishman.

"[September] is what I?m thinking. That?s what the word is. That?s what we?re close to doing,? McGregor was quoted as saying by Independent.co.uk.

?I?ve tried to talk to Floyd. I flew to Las Vegas to have talks with Floyd and then he retired. He just doesn't want to see me. He?s petrified. Wouldn?t you be? No one knows what to expect with me, and they shouldn't.?

?Because I don?t know what to expect either,? he added.

The American boxing star has not fought since his 49th victory over Andre Berto in 2015.

For the first time in many a year I AM SIDING WITH FLOYD...the contract is there for Connor to take but he is his usual full of bullshit self that wont accept that he aint the Bigger name in this proposal!!

SIGN THE CONTRACT YOU DICK :gay

thongboy echo in here? :shit WE KNOW ALL THE DETAILS :evilgrin

mmGHEY needs boxing to stay relevant , its why you needed the bluff but it got called :slobkilla the fact  mmGHEY continues to POSTURE  like they really want WHAT THEY ASKED FOR  shows they are more WWE than just Brock lesnar :nice

On ‎19‎/‎03‎/‎2017 at 3:00 PM, JoshB said:

The UFC has to allow him to sign. It's just like back in the day Anderson Silva wanted to fight RJJ & the UFC SAID NO. If the UFC feels like they're not getting a big enough slice of the pie they won't do it. It's out of Connors hands.

Floyd begging an MMA fighter for a fight, boxing really is on its knees.:pms

Im really not seeing Floyd beg....im seeing an MMA fighter repeatedly chat shit for months over him wanting the opportunity to beat up Floyd and in response he is taking the piss out of Connor for stalling on signing!!

Whats ironic here is that Floyd has actually said he will come out of retirement to take the fight, but Connor is still just talking about it and yet wont put pen to paper on a contract that will reputedly more than quadruple his biggest ever payday and secure him for life...seems he is scared of getting his ass handed to him in a boxing fight he cannot possibly win under any circumstances what so ever!

• Upvote 1