Andre Ward-Sergey Kovalev Rematch Finalized - June 17, Mandalay Bay

blackrican23

Roc Nation Sports, Main Events, Andre Ward Promotions and Krusher Promotions are pleased to announce the highly anticipated rematch between the unified Light Heavyweight Champion of the World, Andre “SOG” Ward (31-0, 15 KOs) and former title holder Sergey “Krusher” Kovalev (30-1-1, 26 KOs). Ward vs. Kovalev II “No Excuses” will take place Saturday, June 17 at the Mandalay Bay Events Center in Las Vegas. The championship event, presented by Corona Extra, will be produced and distributed live by HBO Pay-Per-View beginning at 9:00 p.m. ET/6:00 p.m. PT.

http://www.boxingscene.com/andre-ward-sergey-kovalev-rematch-finalized-june-17-mandalay-bay--115288?print_friendly=1

• Members
On 4/5/2017 at 3:01 PM, blackrican23 said:

I got Ward , 

Kovalev should take the W. I expect him to crush Ward.

Bet you expected it first time too , ward is a testiment to positioning range and foot work  things you ve  never seemed to acknowkedge steve ,  you think power is everything in fight 

• Members
2 hours ago, blackrican23 said:

Bet you expected it first time too , ward is a testiment to positioning range and foot work  things you ve  never seemed to acknowkedge steve ,  you think power is everything in fight 

Nuh uh! I just think that power with great positioning and footwork is the best. I think Kovalev is going to train harder and win.

wow as shitty as ward is what does it say about the 31 guys he has defeated lmao , few HOF caliber sissys eh :nice 

• Upvote 1

• Members

I didn't even think of it like that but boy is that true! I really don't like runners. If you are going to have good footwork, use it to stay in the fight!

• Upvote 1

Lmao now ward is runner !!! Wow what fights do you watch :lolatyou

please list the fights in which ward ran 

seems easy enuff to mimic such an easy style , not for you keyboard guys ofc , but the game thats getting conned has thousands of fighters but only one ward :meh 

ward and floyd fight ZERO alike your  :shit:shit is tired

trying to lump them 2 together shows how little you know about what style a guy fights or what it takes to even compete 

• Downvote 1

• Members

Ward was great before he got to Kovalev... Then he ran.. He did nothing to Kov and Kov won that fight...

Why didn't he fight Kov like he did Dawson?

• Upvote 1

if you look at the key to when that fight changed its when ward closed his distance in half. Kovalev's power is at the end of his extension , which isnt always common, most times your facing a puncher you try to stay away which is death against Kovalev but not GGG for an example , Ward cut his distance to mid way which smothered Kovs power and then worked his body while kov was gassing ,

what exactly do you call running? if ward would have gotten on his bicycle he would have lost by KO . I had Kov winning btw only due to KD it was close rd to rd .

Ward was great before Kov? SOME of his fights left stenches, but heres the thing , Ward can fight on the inside he can fight on the outside , Ward can fight going forward or can fight going backward , Ward can be a counter puncher or he can lead . Ward controls the tempo in EVERY FIGHT thats why he didnt fight Kov like he did dawson he changes it up its a strength for him . 

list to me which guys you like that can check off all those things and I will show you a winner 

• WBF OG

me like mexican style, not african-american style, unless of course, its tyson, mcclellan, holyfield, pryor, hearns, and hagler style.

ward clinches too much.  he can't sell out oakland and he's supposed to be p4p?  what does that tell you about his style?

2 hours ago, JoshB said:

Marvin Hagler called Ray Leonard a runner. James Toney has called Floyd Mayweather a runner. I guess you better call em up & enlighten them Robby :cheah

enlighten who mija compared to ward sugar ray is a fuckin track star :lolatyou

• WBF OG

i expect it to be the same kinda fight.  maybe ward will do better from the outset. but i think he'll be equally as hesitant vs a still fresh and dangerous kovalev.  maybe kovalev will train differently to have better stamina.  those are really the only two questions.