Eubank Jnr Set for Abraham Fight

Mofo2

Chris Eubank Jnr, having won the IBO world title belt in his last appearance in the ring, could be set to climb back into the ring to face a formidable opponent.

According to reports doing the rounds, Eubank Jnr has been offered £3 million to defend his world title belt against the Armenian fighter based in Germany, Arthur Abraham.

Abraham, who in recent times has beaten Paul Smith and Martin Murray, is a former three-time two weight world champion and would be a step up in class for the Brighton fighter.

Eubank Jnr has a record that reads 24-1 with his solitary defeat coming against Billy Joe Saunders, a fight in which Eubank Jnr started slowly and couldn’t close the points’ gap Saunders had built up in the first six rounds.

Abraham has a record of 46 wins from 51 fights, although some might suggest his best days are behind him.

Read more: http://www.vitalboxing.com/article.asp?a=4771#ixzz4in1RJXZi

I would expect so G, but his defence is naively shocking at times and AA is as experienced as they come; couls cost him!

Someone will be retired after this bout!

Chris Eubank Jr. is settling at 168 pounds.

The son of the British legend will meet former two-division champion Arthur Abraham on July 15 at SSE Wembley Arena in London, it was announced at a news conference Wednesday.

The 12-round super middleweight fight will headline a pay-per-view show in England. There are U.S. television plans at this time.

“I respect every fighter,” said Eubank, whose lone career loss came to current WBO middleweight titlist Billy Joe Saunders. “Anyone who enters the ring has my respect but it’s my time now. I’m the next generation.

“… I’m confident in my abilities, whatever opportunity is put in front of me, I will take and I expect to stop Abraham.”

That would be quite the statement, a career-defining one for Eubank. After all, Abraham (46-5, 30 knockouts) has been stopped just once in 51 pro fights and Eubank owns no notable victories to date.

He figures to be catching the German at the right time, though. Abraham, 37, was shut out by rangy Mexican Gilberto Ramirez last year and is clearly past his best days.

“I’m very happy to be fighting here in England,” Abraham said. “I’m looking forward to it and I think it will be a good fight.”

Eubank, 27, (24-1, 19 KOs) has feasted on low-level opposition since the Saunders setback but now is returning to the world-class level against The RING Magazine’s No. 7 super middleweight.

A victory could set up a much-discussed bout with countryman and IBF titleholder James DeGale.