Roach: I Haven't Been Paid

GRIM

Roach: Not Sure If Pacquiao is Mad at Me - I Haven't Been Paid

Trainer Freddie Roach has revealed that his star pupil for the last decade, eight division world champion Manny Pacquiao, barely spoke to him in the aftermath of the recent twelve round decision loss to Jeff Horn.

After the contest was over at the Suncorp Stadium in Brisbane, Roach claims that Pacquiao wouldn't even say two words to him or look him in the eyes. Roach also claims that he's yet to be paid for his work in the fight.

“I was trying to see where his head was at, and I could not even get him to say hi to me. I don’t know if he was upset with me or what,” Roach told Sports Illustrated.

“I really don’t know if he’s mad at me. But I can tell you this: I haven’t been paid yet. So who knows?”

In the weeks leading up to the fight, Roach had warned that if Pacquiao struggled against a fighter like Horn - it was likely time for the 38-year-old veteran to retire from the sport.

Roach wonders if Pacquiao was being silent because he was worried that his trainer would advise him to hang up the gloves.

“Maybe that’s what he thought I was there to tell him,” Roach says. “But I wouldn’t pick that moment. There were a lot of people. I wouldn’t embarrass anybody like that. He was definitely avoiding me.”

Roach explained that Pacquiao fought in a manner that he's never seen in over ten years of working with the Filipino star.

“Manny wasn’t himself. He didn’t look like the Manny Pacquiao I’ve known for a long time. It was almost over in the ninth. One more round like that and, man … he just couldn’t do it,” Roach says.

Pacquiao: Arum in Charge of Roach's Pay, I Haven't Been Paid Too!

Pacquiao issued a statement, letting everyone know that Top Rank's CEO Bob Arum is in charge of paying Roach. And the boxer revealed that he hasn't been paid either. He also denied that there was any friction with his long-time trainer.

"My purse has not yet been released by Arum," said Pacquiao. "I have no problem with coach Freddie Roach. I'm not the one paying him. It's Bob Arum. So if coach Freddie has not yet received his payment, we are on the same boat."

http://www.boxingscene.com/pacquiao-arum-charge-roach-pay-i-paid-too--118429?print_friendly=1

Dam back in the days, the boxer got his check right after he submitted his urine sample, Then the boxer paid his peeps ASAP. Arum holding on to that money to get every ounce of interest out of it :? 

what bothers me more is roach goes to the media with this like dude whats wrong with you  keep your beef with manny in house

• Upvote 1

31 minutes ago, blackrican23 said:

what bothers me more is roach goes to the media with this like dude whats wrong with you  keep your beef with manny in house

Agreed :tup 

Roach has regressed so much with his sickness I doubt he can train world class fighters to the level they need to reach  , he should retire and just manage the gym