AJ expects Pulev fight to be in Cardiff

Mofo2

Eddie Hearn expects to finalise Anthony Joshua's world title defence against Kubrat Pulev in the wake of Wladimir Klitschko's retirement.

The Ukrainian's announcement on Thursday ended the prospect of a November rematch with Joshua, who won the pair's Wembley epic in April.

Pulev is next in line as the IBF's mandatory challenger, and Hearn has already started negotiations with the Bulgarian's promoter Kalle Sauerland

You sure mofo?

I heard AJ was booked in for Las Vegas Nov 11. Showtime insisting he earns some of his expensive corn stateside...

2 hours ago, selij said:

You sure mofo?

I heard AJ was booked in for Las Vegas Nov 11. Showtime insisting he earns some of his expensive corn stateside...

By what I read in the Daily Mail mate, it was expected to be Vegas if a rematch with Klit came off, but a Pulev fight aint really a show stopper for Sin city mate so Cardiff is the front runner!! 

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/boxing/article-4756828/Anthony-Joshua-certain-fight-Kubrat-Pulev-next.html

It was more about Showtime complaining they're paying AJ zillions on a retainer for doing jackshit. Having AJ over there doing appearances and PR is more of a cash cow to them rather than the fight itself - which will be garbage wherever its held.

I know Hearn is pushing for Cardiff.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, selij said:

It was more about Showtime complaining they're paying AJ zillions on a retainer for doing jackshit. Having AJ over there doing appearances and PR is more of a cash cow to them rather than the fight itself - which will be garbage wherever its held.

I know Hearn is pushing for Cardiff.

Hearn will do what is best for AJ and this fight isnt worthy of a vegas billing it has no gravitas - makes sense all round for it to be in the UK

Isn't that what I said mofo? It has nothing to do with the fight - SHO just want him in the States doing business for them.

Whereas Hearn will want him inUK doing biz for him. See who wins - doesn't affect me either way...

• Upvote 1