Juan Manuel Marquez To Retire From Boxing, Won't Return

blackrican23

On a day when former heavyweight king Wladimir Klitschko announced his retirement from the sport, another legendary fighter is going to walk away from the ring.

According to ESPN Deportes, former four division world champion, Juan Manuel Marquez, one of the greatest Mexican boxers of all time, is going to announce his retirement from professional boxing at the age of 43 years and 11 months.

Marquez is ending a career that began on May 29, 1993, and in a few more years he will find himself in the International Boxing Hall of Fame.

http://www.boxingscene.com/juan-manuel-marquez-retire-boxing--119152?print_friendly=1

5 minutes ago, Neil_ said:

i doubt zab makes it at all

i feel the same way my man bread had a view in this weeks mailbag : 

Judah was not taken care of the way Broner and Berto were. Judah had to fight a prime Kostya Tszyu, Cory Spinks, Amir Khan, Miguel Cotto, Joshua Clottey, Danny Garcia and Floyd Mayweather. Then if you throw in Junior Witter, Demarcus Corley and Mickey Ward. You have a Murderous Resume. Broner and Berto never had to go up against anything close to the killers Judah had to fight.

Judah won the junior welterweight title a couple of times and he won the lineal Ring Welterweight title. I know he’s considered a underachiever but he has accomplished more significant things than Broner and Berto. Could you imagine if Broner or Berto had to fight the prime or close to their prime fighters Judah did? Sometimes we repeat things without actually looking at the resumes or the fights.

I know a Judah critic will talk about all of the losses. But he was highly competitive in most of them. And in his most high profile loss. He won 4 rounds from a prime Floyd Mayweather. He also scored a knockdown that wasn’t scored. I thought he lost that fight 115-112. Only 6 men in 20 years have won 4 rounds against Maweather. Jose Luis Castillo, Oscar De La Hoya, Marcos Maidana, Manny Pacquiao and Miguel Cotto.  Judah is amongst them. I couldn’t imagine Berto or Broner winning 4 rounds against a Mayweather level all time great.