Miller promises to inflict a punishing knockout on Dillian Whyte

Mofo2

Jarrell Miller has vowed to knock out Dillian Whyte "worse than Anthony Joshua did" after being challenged on social media by the British heavyweight. The American was angered by criticism from Whyte following his stoppage victory over Gerald Washington on the undercard of Mikey Garcia's win against Adrien Broner in New York last weekend.

Miller, nicknamed 'Big Baby', was not pleased with his physical condition as he tipped the scales at 300lbs, but is confident he would inflict a crushing defeat on Whyte, who returns to action in Nebraska on August 19, live on Sky Sports.

"I guarantee you that Dillian would have a harder time with Washington than I did," Miller told Sky Sports.

"People said I'm a slugger - have you watched any of my fights? I out-box guys, I box on the inside. Dillian is a slugger.

"There are times when I slug it out but he can't throw combinations like I can. He isn't as slick as I am.

"I would knock Dillian out way worse than Anthony Joshua did. I guarantee you that.

"Dillian can say what he wants but he doesn't want to see me in the ring. I can promise you that."

Miller ruled out a fight on British soil and has instead suggested that he would be an ideal opponent for Anthony Joshua if the IBF and WBA 'super' champion wants to boost his profile in America.