NSAC to hear requests from Floyd Mayweather, Conor McGregor to fight in 8-ounce gloves

blackrican23

The Nevada State Athletic Commission will at least entertain the possibility of Floyd Mayweather and Conor McGregor wearing lighter boxing gloves in their highly anticipated fight later this month in Las Vegas.

NSAC executive director Bob Bennett confirmed to ESPN on Wednesday that both fighters have submitted official requests to wear 8-ounce gloves for their junior middleweight fight on Aug. 26 inside T-Mobile Arena.

Per Nevada regulations, any fight contested above the weight of 147 pounds must utilize 10-ounce gloves. The contracted weight for the Mayweather, McGregor bout is 154 pounds.

Despite the rule, Bennett said nothing prevents the two camps from submitting requests to wear the smaller gloves. The fighters will have a chance to argue in favor of the 8-ounce gloves before the matter comes to a vote during a commission meeting on Aug. 16.

"Both camps have submitted a waiver by the date we requested, which was today," Bennett told ESPN. "The commission will hear both camps' reasoning as to why it should deviate from its regulations during a scheduled meeting on Aug. 16. Our chairman Anthony Marnell will then lead a conversation with the other commission members and they will vote on it that day."

The commission vote was first reported by BoxingScene.com.

Arguments in favor of smaller gloves will have to be weighed against potential concerns regarding fighter health and safety, which Bennett recently told ESPN is of the "utmost importance to this commission."

Mayweather (49-0, 26 KOs) ignited the subject earlier this month when he announced on social media he wished to wear the 8-ounce gloves. McGregor (21-3), the UFC's lightweight champion, is used to wearing 4-ounce gloves in mixed martial arts.

During a four-stop media tour last month, Mayweather went so far as to say he'd wear 4-ounce gloves in the fight.

http://www.espn.com/boxing/story/_/id/20298719/nsac-hear-requests-floyd-mayweather-conor-mcgregor-fight-8-ounce-gloves

I was saying same  today at barber shop . Can mcgregor make 147? Isnt he champ at 145 in ufc ? Can floyd make 147 ? Still in good shape but his 6 pack was a 4 pack last month. If commision sez no they should change the weight , glove size matters to me since this fight was announced.

Let  mcgregor  get some good old reyes gloves  :esmile

Earlier today, the Nevada State Athletic Commission approved the requests from Team Mayweather and Team McGregor to wear 8 oz. gloves for their highly-anticipated showdown on August 26 at the T-Mobile Arena in Las Vegas, Nevada.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, boxingpro said:

Sorry I did not read the rules of WBF especially about posting links!

alright boxingpro , welcome to the site , your name doesnt ring a bell but you musta posted some kinda self advertisement under another name and that account was flagged ?  you only have one post the one I quoted

we allow all types of links depending on the agenda of the subject , if your here to discuss boxing with the WBF community and post links related to discussions  then by all means , but the Owner/Admin is sole  proprietor of WBF and doesnt take kindly to others driving by to promote their personal agendas on his coin and those accounts are terminated 

• Like 2

I sure as fuk hope it goes 12 so you can cough up 500 bucks , floyd can just batter and clown UFCs BEST fighter  good enough for me mostly because its means you will be on that soup dinner

Sorry your bullshit was too long to even read as long as he gets clowned and you lose money its all that matters , you can shove whatever poppycock you typed above