Bellew v Haye II: Booked dates a sticking point for December return

Mofo2

During a press conference to announce his Hayemaker Boxing debut as a promoter on Oct 20 in London, Haye gave little away on what WBN believes are well advanced talks for the former world heavyweight champion to attempt revenge over his British rival.

All Haye did say was that he will be back in action this December on the back of suffering his first loss against Bellew since a failed bid to dethrone Wladimir Klitschko in Germany back in 2011.

“The achilles healed nicely. I’m hopping on one leg I’m running, I’m in a good physical state,” Haye exclusively told World Boxing News’ lead writer Joe Hewlett at the press conference.

“I’ll be fighting before the end of the year that’s my plan, it has been since the operation and I’ll be fighting before the end of the year and things are shaping up nicely for December,” he added.

As for possible dates, December 9 and 16 were the most likely right off the bat, although pre-bookings at the preferred venue of the O2 Arena mean promoter Eddie Hearn may be forced to look elsewhere or perhaps go for the more unconventional as he has done before.

http://www.worldboxingnews.net/2017/09/07/news/bellew-v-haye-ii-booked-dates-a-sticking-point-for-december-rematch