Anthony Dirrell discusses hometown return

Mofo2

Former world champion Anthony Dirrell spoke to media in his hometown in advance of his showdown against Denis Douglin that headlines a Premier Boxing Champions event Friday, November 17 from Dort Federal Credit Union Center in Flint, Michigan and live on FS1 and FOX Deportes.

ANTHONY DIRRELL

"I'm so thankful to everyone who helped make this event happen. I wanted to bring something to Flint, because of all the negativity that's been going on here. Flint was a big city when I was growing up. I want to bring some recognition and big events like this to my city.

"It's an honor to be fighting here again and I'm excited to showcase my talents for everyone in Flint. I've been wanting to do this for a long time and the moment is finally here. I will be great when the moment comes.

"I've been preparing for this fight. I've stayed in the gym and worked hard every day and I'm going to continue to do that up until this fight.

"I hope that we have a great show and we can have more events like this here. I want to give the fans in my city something to come to and enjoy themselves without worrying about anything. Come out, bring your family and just enjoy a great night of skill and talent."