January date with Jorge Linares close, says Mikey Garcia

Mofo2

"We're talking to Golden Boy about facing Linares and it's a fight that interests me a lot. At lightweight I am a champion and he is a champion. It is the fight that is worth it, that the public is asking for," said Garcia to ESPN Deportes.

"We are trying to reach an agreement for January or maybe we move the date, but it is the fight that interests us the most.

"There are places available in Los Angeles. The dates of January 20 and 27 are the ones mentioned, then there are others in February or March, but I would like to do the fight in Los Angeles. There are other dates available in Las Vegas, but for me and Golden Boy we would like Los Angeles. It would be an eye-catching fight in Southern California.""There are other dates available in Las Vegas, but for me and Golden Boy we would like Los Angeles. It would be an eye-catching fight in Southern California."

I would expect Garcia will win the fight but you are underestimating Linares, this will be pretty close especially the opening 4/5 rounds!

On 11/6/2017 at 10:08 PM, JosueB said:

Not excited about this fight, something about the style matchup screams uneventful decision to me but maybe it will be good.

Surprising that mate it makes for a good fight; both forward walking fighters that will be prepared to go toe to toe!