Bellew vs Haye II

Mofo2

Tony Bellew believes David Haye's injury rumours were an attempt to unsettle him and expects a vicious assault from his British rival in this month's rematch. The former heavyweight champion's fitness was the subject of fresh debate on Twitter, with promoter Eddie Hearn swiftly denying claims that Haye had aggravated the Achilles injury he sustained in his stoppage loss to Bellew in March.

Social media speculation was ignored by Bellew, who insists it was merely an attempt to unsettle his preparations, and remains fully focused on producing another victory in their second fight at The O2 on December 17, live on Sky Sports Box Office.

"I don't pay David Haye no attention," Bellew exclusively told Sky Sports.

"I know why he's done it. He's done it to have a little go at me. He's trying to bait me to react and I'm just past caring really.

"Listen, all that matters is we get in the ring on the 17th of December and I punch his face in again."

Both Bellew and his trainer David Coldwell have predicted that Haye has shed considerable weight to maximise his speed for an early onslaught.

This fight will end up with Haye being stopped unless he gets Bellew out of there early doors; I would have preferred the Parker fight for Tony though tbh, but he decided to chase the money and not the belt!

HAYE INJURED AGAIN, TONY BELLEW REMATCH TO BE RESCHEDULED

Lightning strikes more than twice, at least it does when it comes to David Haye.

The former cruiserweight and heavyweight titleholder has been forced out of his Dec. 17 revenge mission with Tony Bellew after injuring his bicep in training. The pair were scheduled to meet in a re-run of their March encounter which Bellew won by 11th-round stoppage.

“I am devastated to announce my much-anticipated rematch against Tony Bellew has been postponed until March 24 or May 5, subject to scheduling,” said Haye in an official statement. “Despite the recent injury rumors, I was in perfect condition with an incredibly strong training camp (and I’m) currently weighing lighter than I have for more than five years. I couldn’t wait to get back in the ring. I was ready to rewrite the ending of the Haye-Bellew saga.

10 hours ago, JosueB said:

^^^shocking

DILLIAN WHYTE OFFERS TO FIGHT TONY BELLEW ON SHORT NOTICE FOLLOWING DAVID HAYE’S INJURY

In the meantime, fellow British heavyweight Dillian Whyte is willing to step in and fight Bellew on short notice. Bellew and Haye were scheduled to rematch on December 17, so Whyte wouldn’t have much time to prepare, but that’s OK with him.

“Let’s not let the boxing fans down,” Whyte tweeted Monday at his promoter, Eddie Hearn, who also has Bellew in his stable of fighters. “I will fight Bellew in December and beat him up, even without a proper training camp.”

:esmile