Tony Bellew makes remarkable claim

Mofo2

Tony Bellew has told talkSPORT Tyson Fury has only one thing left to do in his career – lose to him!

The former heavyweight world champion is back in training and targeting a return to action next year, but he was branded an ‘apprentice’ by Chris Eubank on Wednesday in an interview with the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast.

Fury responded by labelling those comments ‘disrespectful and distasteful’ and Bellew admits the self-styled ‘Gypsy King’ deserves more respect.

“Chris Eubank Snr has to think carefully when he speaks, which he very rarely does,” Bellew told the Alan Brazil Sports Breakfast. “It’s six of one, half a dozen of the other.

“Tyson has achieved some phenomenal things in his career, and he should be appreciated. I’m not saying everything he says is right, but don’t ever take away from his achievements.”

With Bellew’s much-anticipated heavyweight showdown against David Haye next month postponed after Haye suffered a training injury, Fury has been mooted as a possible opponent for the Liverpudlian in 2018.

And it’s a fight Bellew is ready for.

He insisted: “The only thing left for him [Fury] to do in his career is lose to me. I’m happy to do it [take the fight].

“Everyone is saying I’m scared of fighting big heavyweights and I’m sick of hearing it. It’s annoyed me that much that I thought, ‘you know what, let’s just fight the biggest one then’.”

Read more at https://talksport.com/boxing/tony-bellew-makes-remarkable-claim-about-only-thing-tyson-fury-has-left-do-his-career#h0GFrZm7kd5tROoj.99

2 hours ago, selij said:

Everyone, inc Fury himself, seems to be forgetting the little matter of his impending hearing where he will get a 12-18mth ban....

Exactly mate; its insane that it can be overlooked as though the BBOBC testing is somehow fucking guilty here - he got caught out and now he is making all sorts of claims and excuses!