Loma vs. Rigo is Best Fight Ever Made

blackrican23

Loma vs. Rigo   

6 members have voted

1. 1. Who you got

• Lomo
    • Rigo

according to Roy Jones : 

I hate to say it, but I've got to be honest with you and tell it how I call it," Jones told CBS Sports' "In This Corner" Podcast. "To me, on paper, this is the best professional fight that has ever been made."

"You've got two guys that have two gold medals. We have enough of a hard time getting one guy and one other guy with a gold medal in the ring. We've got two guys with two gold medals. Almost one thousand amateur fights between them and probably a handful -- you can count on two hands -- how many [amateur] losses there have been between them. That is incredible."

“I have no idea,” Rigondeaux told BoxingScene.com when asked to assess Lomachenko’s skills. “I don’t even look at that sh*t. I adapt, no problem. Like with anyone else, we’re gonna resolve this issue and I’m gonna just beat the sh*t out of him. I know what I’m bringing. I don’t know what the hell he’s bringing, but I know what I’m bringing. I’m bringing mine.”

Looks to be two juicy names on paper, but two southpaws, traditionally over the years, have produced some horrendous fights.

Rigo is also 8 years older than Loma @37 and is also stepping up 2 classes in weight.

I see a late stoppage in favour of Loma, but if it goes the distance could be a toss up who gets the spoils.

On 12/8/2017 at 2:59 PM, mexfighter said:

prepare to........................................SLEEP!

not loma, no rigo.....us.

Cant say you didnt warn me , what a terrible fight :tdown

• WBF OG

if this was the best fight ever made, i'd hate to see the worst one.

ahhh fuck it, this is the worst fight ever made and its still better than the shit we saw tonight.  ENJOY!

• WBF OG

this weight class is too big for rigo but he went out like a bitch.  he rather fake an injury than take the asskicking that was headed his way.

thats why i admire choco....he was in way over his head at 115 but went out on his shield with his pants on, unlike this boring ass motherfucker.

he was even booo'd after this fight.  he'll always be boo'd.  fuck rigo.

• WBF OG

his hand wasn't hurt.  his pussy was hurt.  he knew he was going to get knocked out or beaten 12-0 so he quit.

• Members
On 12/10/2017 at 9:34 AM, mexfighter said:

his hand wasn't hurt.  his pussy was hurt.  he knew he was going to get knocked out or beaten 12-0 so he quit.

Maybe maybe not.  I just read the twitter Rigondeaux hater posts... there are about 3 milliion ppl saying Rigo faked it.  I'm not so sure. 

Some internet dude summed it up well; 

What a bummer though, I thought it was going to be a great fight just like everyone else.  Not so good for Rigo's career though for sure since the common fan has no appreciation for his technical skill as we knew it... :shit

• WBF OG
7 hours ago, LMWBXR said:

Maybe maybe not.  I just read the twitter Rigondeaux hater posts... there are about 3 milliion ppl saying Rigo faked it.  I'm not so sure. 

Some internet dude summed it up well; 

What a bummer though, I thought it was going to be a great fight just like everyone else. 

Not exactly everyone else.

a no mas moment?  he had 17 pro fights.  to mention both in the same sentence is blasphemy and of course, josueb already did in the shoutbox.

that tells you all you need to know about that.

like i said, these adult cubans are used to winning gold vs 16-17 year amatuers with head gear on.  once they get hit by a real pro and especially a champ, their worlds turn upside down.

• WBF OG
44 minutes ago, JosueB said:

Wow that hand looks fucked up & he had a legit excuse. He didn't quit due to being fat & out of shape like Duran.

DUMBASS

Update to Rigo's hand issue

X-rays on Rigondeaux’s hand were not available last Saturday night in New York, as apparently the wait in the emergency room was simply too long. Rigoneaux instead had his X-ray taken in Miami, where he now resides, and according to Dino Duva (via ESPN’s Dan Rafael), there was “No break, but severe contusion on left hand.” In other words, Rigondeaux suffered a bruise. CompuBox numbers had him landing just 15 of 178 punches (8.4%) on Lomachenko, who himself wasn’t terribly accurate either (16.2%), but certainly threw and landed far more than Rigondeaux did.

• Like 1

• Members

Chris Eubank Sr on Twitter talking about the warriors code, and fighting through with injuries.  What do you guys think?  Is this overkill?  Should Rigo have fought through?  :stir

8 hours ago, LMWBXR said:

Chris Eubank Sr on Twitter talking about the warriors code, and fighting through with injuries.  What do you guys think?  Is this overkill?  Should Rigo have fought through?  :stir

Personally I think its a load of bollocks, if your fucked up mentally, badly hurt, have a number of injuries and can hardly stand because you have been worn down its the sensible thing to step down - too many heroes have ended up with brain damage - The Warrior Code :pms

• Upvote 2

19 minutes ago, Mofo2 said:

too many heroes have ended up with brain damage - The Warrior Code :pms

I agree! remember Victor Ortiz's broken jaw?  he couldn't eve close his mouth.

By Allan Fox: 
Golden Boy Promotions CEO Richard Schaefer believes that his fighter former WBC welterweight champion Victor Ortiz (29-4-2, 22 KO’s) did the right thing by quitting after the 9th round against Josesito Lopez (30-4, 18 KO’s) last Saturday, because Ortiz’s broken jaw put him at a danger of bleeding out due to the bone of his broken jaw causing internal damage from Lopez’s blows.

Schaefer said to the USAtoday.com “And those who say well, Ali, it was different times, different circumstances. I talked to the ringside doctor after the fight, and he was telling me it was very severe, internal bleeding, and he said it’s very dangerous, that Victor could bleed out.”

146941700.jpg

• Upvote 1

• WBF OG

rigo wasn't close to death, didn't have anything broken.....well, except his spirit and will to fight.

like i said before, he's used to beating up on teenagers with head gear on.  he fought a tough guy and couldn't handle the pressure and took the easy way out.

• Like 1