Tyson Fury free to resume boxing career

Mofo2

Britain's Tyson Fury is free to resume his boxing career after accepting a backdated two-year doping ban.

The former world heavyweight champion tested positive for a banned steroid in February 2015, but blamed the result on eating uncastrated wild boar.

His victory over Wladimir Klitschko in 2015 was his last fight before beginning his legal battle with UK Anti-Doping (Ukad).

Fury, 29, said he was glad he could put the "nightmare" behind him.

He will be free to return to the ring once he regains his boxing licence from the British Boxing Board of Control (BBBofC), who Ukad say have accepted the outcome.

Hughie Fury, Tyson's cousin, has reached a similar agreement after he also tested positive in February 2015.

Both men were not charged until June 2016 and both continue to insist they have "never knowingly or deliberately committed a violation".

Last month, BBC Sport reported Ukad feared it could be made insolvent or require a bailout over the dispute had Fury been cleared.

However, Ukad chief executive Nicole Sapstead insisted there was "absolutely no whitewash and nothing to be fearful or embarrassed about" in the decision.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/boxing/42329394

Now thats a fight I most definitely wouldnt want to see, Price would be embarassed - I cannot believe I actually rated that Bum at one stage :chin

Its amazing what a hometown fighters does for your logic on occasion :D