Tyson Fury Reveals Shock Change Of Trainer – Uncle Peter Fury Out

Mofo2

Fury is due to return to the sport of boxing in the new year following been cleared by UKAD and is now free to apply for his British Boxing Board of Control license in 2017. Tyson has been trained for the majority of his professional career by his uncle Peter Fury, who is also father to Tyson’s cousin Hughie Fury – who Peter trains.

However in a shocking bit of news tonight speaking to Kugan Cassius of IFL TV, Tyson Fury said his new trainer is Ben Davidson but has not ruled out working with his uncle again:

“I’m training with Ben Davis AKA Duracell Bunny. Hell of a trainer. I worked with him for the first time over in Marbella when we went out there to have a bit of fun and I said straight away within five years he’ll be one of the best trainers in the country – and I’ll stick by that. Working with him (at the moment) and we’re going well. The thing is with Ben he’s around my own age, we can have fun – we’re on the same wave length. But he’s strict at what he does and he’s good at what he does. I wouldn’t have him if he was s*** would I?”

He continued:

“Peter’s (Fury) me uncle and I’d do anything for him. We worked together well. But a change is as good as anything else. I think we we were going a bit stale in the gym – going over the same things year in year out. A bit of a change doesn’t do anybody any harm. Peter’s still working with Hughie and whoever else in the gym. We’re still talking – we have not fell out. It’s just I’m going to branch off a little bit.”