Katie Taylor defeats American challenger Jessica McCaskill

Mofo2

Katie Taylor came through the greatest test of her career to defeat tough American challenger Jessica McCaskill in the first defence of her World Boxing Association women’s lightweight world title at York Hall, her seventh professional fight.

In her seventh professional fight, the Irishwoman once again showed her brilliant hand speed to take a points victory with the judges scoring the fight 97-92 twice and 98-91. She extended her unblemished record to eight wins, with four knockouts but McCaskill rocked Taylor on several occasions and was far from outclassed.

Taylor acknowledged as much: “This was a very tough fight, probably the toughest of my career. I thought I boxed very well on the outside. I knew she was very tough and rough and I prepared for that.

“I’m delighted with another victory, hopefully I can have a rest over Christmas. I would love to have a homecoming fight in Dublin and unify the division.”

What a good fight this was; at times a little messy but two fighters just going for it!

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • Members

Just saw this post...hella late.  It was a good fight.  As was Holm Vs Cyborg in MMA.  Everything everyone said would never happen with women's boxing started rolling in 2017 :-) . Now to watch the skill level AND the $$$ keep getting better.  

• Upvote 1

On 04/01/2018 at 2:11 AM, LMWBXR said:

Just saw this post...hella late.  It was a good fight.  As was Holm Vs Cyborg in MMA.  Everything everyone said would never happen with women's boxing started rolling in 2017 :-) . Now to watch the skill level AND the $$$ keep getting better.  

The top end of womens boxing is becoming a good watch; I guess it will be more readily accepted when there are more fighters in a division that can show off good quality skills! 

• Upvote 2