Dillian Whyte to fight Lucas Browne

Mofo2

It has been a mixed bag of a year for the London knockout artist.

Ending it on perhaps a bit of a flat note with a less than entertaining scrap with Sweden’s Robert Helenius as part of the Joshua vs Takam bill.

But Whyte knows you’re only as good as your last fight of course and at the same time knows, one big knockout in the heavyweight division is enough to catapult you into the mix of big fights.

It has always been the way. Boxing’s traditional glamour division can create stars and ruin careers in equally quick time.

Whyte knows that 2018 could finally be his time to get a shot at a version of the heavyweight title.

Before he does though, he’s confirmed his next opponent – Australian Lucas Browne.

• Like 1

On 12/21/2017 at 9:28 PM, selij said:

The Whyte/Helenius fight was shockingly poor, from both.

Agreed; but at least with Browne you have a fighter that will go for it, this could be over very early on!

22 hours ago, selij said:

I have Browne winning it - assuming he can get past testing :coffee

I can go with a Browne win, but I wonder if he can handle the way Whyte will get in his face and keep pressurising him!!

On 12/26/2017 at 4:56 PM, selij said:

THAT Whyte disappeared in Manchester in 2016 after the Chisora slugfest.

I dont know if I fully agree with that but even so he Whyte has a lot of stamina even if the work rate slows a little in the later rounds; could be a toss of the coin!