Tyson Fury: I’ve lost 56 lbs. in 8 weeks

Mofo2

Tyson Fury says he’s already lost 4 stone [56 pounds] in his first 8 weeks of training for his comeback, and he feels he’ll be ready to go by this April for his first fight back in 2 ½ years of minacity.

Fury (25-0, 18 KOs) has now been cleared by the British Boxing Board of Control and the UKAD to continue his career at heavyweight. Fury, 29, believes he’ll be able to recapture his lost heavyweight titles soon by beating IBF/WBA heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua, who he says will be his easiest fight.

“Don’t get me wrong, I had a lot of weight to shift – and I still have – but I’ve lost four stone so it’s a good start. I’ve lost it in about eight weeks. I’m training twice a day, every day,” Fury said to BoxNation Podcast.

Fury’s trainer Ben Davidson posted a photo of Fury, and he does look remarkably thinner than he was 2 months ago. With there still being 3 months to go before April, it looks like Fury will have all the excess weight off by the time he resumes his career in that month. The only thing that you have to worry now is whether Fury’s stamina is still the same, and if he can take a punch. Close to 3 years of inactivity will make it tough on the 6’9” Fury to regain his former boxing skills. If Fury is unable to regain his conditioning and sharpness that he once had, he’s not going to go far in his comeback, as he’s not a big puncher. Almost anyone in the heavyweight division has more power than Fury. His whole game is based on him using his size to out-box his shorter opponents.