JoshB

Brook demolishes Rabchenko in 154lb debut

JoshB

Former IBF welterweight champion Kell Brook (37-2, 26 KOs) stopped Siarhei Rabchenko (29-3, 22 KOs) in the second round to win the WBC silver belt in his 154lb debut on Saturday night at the Sheffield Arena in Sheffield, England. A right hand dropped Rabchanko to end it.

In a clash between brothers of current WBA world champions, super bantamweight Gavin McDonnell (19-1-2, 5 KOs) hammered out a twelve round unanimous decision over previously unbeaten Gamal Yafai (14-1, 7 KOs) to claim the WBC international title. Scores were 116-112, 116-112 and 117-113. Gavin is the brother of WBA regular bantamweight champion Jamie McDonnell. Gamal is the brother of WBA super flyweight champion Khalid Yafai.

A rematch between heavyweights Lenroy Thomas (22-4-1, 10 KOs) and David Allen 12-3-2, 9 KOs) ended in a technical draw after Allen was cut over the right eye in a first round headclash. The Commonwealth belt was at stake.

fightnews.com

• Upvote 1

JoshB

i cant' believe Mcdonnel was such a big underdog vs Yafai. What were the oddsmakers thinking, Fuck i should of bet on him!!!

• Upvote 1

Mofo2
3 hours ago, JoshB said:

i cant' believe Mcdonnel was such a big underdog vs Yafai. What were the oddsmakers thinking, Fuck i should of bet on him!!!

Agreed it was absurd a fighter that hasnt progressed past British level could be mad favourite, although Yafai was highly regarded by the pundits over here!!

Kell looked sharp, but he could have done with a few more rounds!

• Upvote 1

selij

Gamal gassed terribly and looked weak after R6. He was never beating the vastly experienced McDonnell anywayz.

His brother Jamie McDonnell gets the Inoue fight confirmed for May 25.

• Upvote 1