Mofo2

Quigg Buzzing for Valdez challenge “I KNOW I'm going to knock him out”

Mofo2

Scott Quigg is now a veteran of 37 fights but faces arguably the sternest test of his whole career at the Stubhub Center on Saturday night. Reigning WBO featherweight champion Oscar Valdez is 23-0 with nineteen knock-outs and appears to have few obvious weaknesses. A former out-standing amateur, the 27 year old Sonora star has dazzled for much of his young career and claimed the WBO belt two years ago with a KO over undefeated Matias Carlos Adrian Rueda.

The WBO ruler will be making the fourth defence against the English-man and is a big favourite for many. Quigg is undaunted in his underdog role however. The former long-time WBA super-bantamweight champion, who has only lost once to bitter rival Carl Frampton, Quigg is 3-0 on the comeback trail and is promising a huge performance come Saturday night.

“I know absolutely I have the power to hurt Valdez and, trust me, I don't see this fight going the full distance as I am very confident I can stop him” says Quigg with the utmost confidence. “He will have learned from the knock-downs he suffered so I expect the very best version of Oscar Valdez on Saturday night.”

http://www.livefight.com/news.php?news_id=5119&y=2018&m=03

selij

I see the end of the line for Quigg here. I don't even see it as a 50:50 fight. 

• Upvote 1

selij

As predicted - a complete pot jug..........