WBA orders Anthony Joshua to fight Alexander Povetkin

selij

World heavyweight champion Anthony Joshua must sign a deal to fight the WBA's mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin "with immediate effect".

Joshua also holds the IBF and WBO titles and his camp have been in negotiations to set up a unification fight with WBC champion Deontay Wilder.

But a fight with the American is yet to be finalised and the WBA want the bout against Russian Povetkin sorted out.

_101927613_joshua-povetkin.jpg

Povetkin knocked out David Price in March to become mandatory challenger.

"Today the WBA requested an answer from Anthony Joshua's team regarding his fight with the mandatory challenger Alexander Povetkin," said WBA president Gilberto Mendoza in a statement.

"The WBA have allowed over a month extension to negotiations with Povetkin and also ongoing discussions with Deontay Wilder.

"It appears the Wilder team have not returned the contract for the fight and therefore we are requesting a date for the Joshua versus Povetkin fight with immediate effect."

AJ = "the belts mean more to me than the £££" - we'll soon see if he sacks the WBA strap off............:cop

Source: BBC News

Wilder should have been next up but he is proving to be a fucked up, shit talking, pussy assed bitch; 15 million in his pocket and he is yet to sign the contract!!

• WBF OG

how much would go in joshua's pocket?

if its more than double, then it depends how you look at it.  joshua could be the pussy by knowing that wilder would not accept such an unfair offer.

you ever think about that?

2 hours ago, mexfighter said:

how much would go in joshua's pocket?

if its more than double, then it depends how you look at it.  joshua could be the pussy by knowing that wilder would not accept such an unfair offer.

you ever think about that?

Joshua holds three titles and fills stadiums in excessive of 80,000 he is clearly the main draw here and dictates terms because of such, there isn't eve a reasonable argument to be made differently. Wilder has prostituted himself for much less, but on this occasion he has been offered a guaranteed 15 million pounds which is at least 3/4 times more than he has been getting when he fights - this is a fucking unbelievably good offer, when the 50 million dollar offer given to AJ couldn't even be provided for Hearn to check out!! 

He has made video after video when a rock solid contract on the table for him to sign but he stutters and stammers before returning to tweet more shit; the daft fucker is running scared because he knows he will GKTFO!!

• WBF OG

too much disparity between the two contracts, though.

this is more than just another fighter, this is to unify all 4 titles.

This is a completely different situation; Manny and Floyd were living legends that deserved contract parity because of what they both brought to the table; there is no justification for Wilder to expect 50:50 when he brings so much less to the table!

AJ will go on to fight Povetkin in front of an 80,000+ crowd earning 4 times more than Wilder will in his next fight and he will fight In front of a small crowd earning 4 times less than he would have if he four AJ!

He isn’t needed and will be treated as such if he continues to chat shit and then fail to back it up!

• WBF OG

you probably don't want to see the fight because you're thinking joshua will get ktfo.

what do you care about who makes what....we want the fight.  stop defending the undefendable (if thats a word).

8 hours ago, mexfighter said:

you probably don't want to see the fight because you're thinking joshua will get ktfo.

what do you care about who makes what....we want the fight.  stop defending the undefendable (if thats a word).

Ofcourse I want to see the fight, but you have your head up your arse if you haven't bought into the fact that the business side of boxing is now the main thing in todays world, I don't like it but its a fact!!

You have to understand that Joshua would make less facing Wilder on a 50/50 split than by taking his mandatory defence against Povetkin and he would be putting everything and a whole lot more on the line to fight Wilder, who in turn will be picking up 3 or 4 million against Dominic Breazeale, the fight he took instead of honouring a promise to fight the Number 1 contender Dillian Whyte - his demands are intentionally unreasonable!!

You would probably be best getting a little more background information before you try and debate it I would suggest!   

• WBF OG

oh, i know the whole situation.  i just want to see a fight.

i'm not going to sit here and argue who should get the most money, who's the A-side, etc.  

21 hours ago, mexfighter said:

oh, i know the whole situation.  i just want to see a fight.

i'm not going to sit here and argue who should get the most money, who's the A-side, etc.  

I don't see why you made your point then if you aren't going to debate the reasons why; Wilder is over estimating his worth in all this, plain and simple! 

• WBF OG

ok, how's this....i'm anti-establishment.  i don't care that the whole new trend is "i'm the A-side, he's the B-side" mayweather, cotto, and canelo shit (all three happen to be some of the biggest assholes in boxing history, btw).

wilder has something joshua wants, thats the green belt and is in his way for the claim as the undisputed champion of the world.  that there is worth millions.

6 minutes ago, mexfighter said:

ok, how's this....i'm anti-establishment.  i don't care that the whole new trend is "i'm the A-side, he's the B-side" mayweather, cotto, and canelo shit (all three happen to be some of the biggest assholes in boxing history, btw).

wilder has something joshua wants, thats the green belt and is in his way for the claim as the undisputed champion of the world.  that there is worth millions.

Yes a guaranteed 15 million and the one he said he would accept terms on, when he is making much smaller numbers fighting anyone else on the planet - that's not the case for AJ, if he gave the unreasonable 50/50 demand he would be making less than he is by facing his number 1 mandatory challenger!

• WBF OG

the thing is that they're going to fight in england.  selling out wembley, etc., joshua is due to make over 75 million.  

i know its joshua who sells out every arena in england but the fact remains wilder is the wbc champ.  joshua wants a 90/10 split

• WBF OG

now, if they offer wilder 25 milion which should be a drop in the bucket for what the fight will make in revenue, then wilder would be an idiot not to accept.

• WBF OG

15 million is NOT 65/35 when all is said and done.  not even close.

On ‎7‎/‎7‎/‎2018 at 3:52 AM, JoshB said:

Even if it was a 90/10 split in favor of Joshua,  Hearn still deep down probably doesn't want to do it. It's a fight Joshua could very well lose & get KTFO so why risk it when you can just throw no hopers in there with Joshua & fans in England will buy it up fight after fight. 

No hopers??? the number 1 contender will be up next if Wilder doesn't grow a pair of balls - there is no doubt what so ever that they want Deontay as the next opponent, its laughable to suggest otherwise, you only have to look at what AJ has achieved in such a short time compared to Wilder and the level of quality he has faced in comparison - he ducked a fight with Whyte to fight Brezeale who was lower ranked ffs 'The Bronze Bomber' The Bronzed underpants more likely :pms 

12 hours ago, mexfighter said:

Says the brit.

No - says the facts; no bullshit or made up things here, phantom contract offers and ducked number 1 contenders by Wilder are there for everyone to see!

• WBF OG

again, it depends how you see it.  

i think joshua and his promoters are giving wilder scraps, backing him into a corner by saying "its his biggest payday, he must take it".  thats joshua's out.  "he didn't take my offer, he's ducking me" while the opposite is true.  joshua knows that by offering so little, wilder will say no to a fight, saving his overrated ass from a brutal knockout in front of his countrymen.

15 million scraps gtfoh that’s a huge offer, Wilder will have to fight 4 times to make that kind of money, AJ will make that in a voluntary defence; there is only one draw here, either in stature or box office and it ain’t Wilder!

• WBF OG

maybe thats a huge offer for you, but it's not huge enough for the WBC Heavyweight Champeen of da World.....Deontae Wilder.

Maybe if Joshua would grow a pair of balls and offer more, we'd have a fight.  that's his way of ducking wilder.....period.   You can justify it anyway you want, the offer is good enough for the Scousers, the rest of the world see it as ducking.

4 hours ago, mexfighter said:

maybe thats a huge offer for you, but it's not huge enough for the WBC Heavyweight Champeen of da World.....Deontae Wilder.

Maybe if Joshua would grow a pair of balls and offer more, we'd have a fight.  that's his way of ducking wilder.....period.   You can justify it anyway you want, the offer is good enough for the Scousers, the rest of the world see it as ducking.

No they don't; over this side of the pond they are laughing at Wilder and quite rightly so - btw Joshua holds three titles not one!