Pacquiao KOs Matthysse to win WBA welter title

JosueB

• WBF OG

39-year-old ring legend Manny Pacquiao (60-7-2, 39 KOs) is a world champion again. Pacman dominated and knocked out WBA welterweight champion Lucas Matthysse (39-5, 36 KOs) on Saturday night at the Axiata Arena in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia.

Pacquiao was busier in round one. Round two was more even, still an edge to Pacman. Pacquiao dropped Matthysse with a left uppercut in round three. Pacquiao continued to dominate. Matthysse took a knee in round five after what seemed like a short punch to the temple. The bout ended when Pacquiao dropped Matthysse for the third time in round seven with a left uppercut. Time was 2:43.

It was Pacquiao’s first knockout since 2009 and believe it or not, it was Pacman’s first ever WBA belt.

https://fightnews.com/pacquiao-kos-matthysse-to-win-wba-welter-title/25423

Did Matthysse really, really want it ? His body language told me other wise. But I take nothing away from Pacroid's performance. Looks like the years of PED abuse have finally caught up wth him though. He has a congenital heart ailment that showed up in an angiogram a week before the fight.

Source

• Like 1

• WBF OG

i don't know if its matthysse or pac.

i question pacs wins over oscar, cotto, clottey, and fraudburrito so any loss to pac is questionable to me.

2 hours ago, selij said:

. He has a congenital heart ailment that showed up in an angiogram a week before the fight.

Source

no shit ?  good stuff Seli 

• WBF OG
9 hours ago, mexfighter said:

i don't know if its matthysse or pac.

i question pacs wins over oscar, cotto, clottey, and fraudburrito so any loss to pac is questionable to me.

Pac looked pretty good but yes Mathysse mentally kind of folded again. Like he was fazed by the speed & couldn't get off, then started getting his ass kicked & quit.