Eddie Hearn is determined to make a Wilder v Chisora fight happen

Mofo2

Dereck Chisora is ready to go and fight WBC heavyweight champion Deontay Wilder in America, according to Delboy’s promoter Eddie Hearn.

Delboy launched himself back into world title contention with a stunning eighth-round knockout victory over Carlos Takam at the O2 Arena on Saturday night.

Hearn has been locked in negotiations to get Wilder to fight Anthony Joshua for months and although the two could meet for a showdown in April, it does not seem guaranteed.

The managing director of Matchroom Sport has even declared a possible rematch between Joshua and Dillian Whyte could be on the cards if the Joshua/Wilder fight falls through.

But Hearn also said he would do everything he could to get Wilder to fight Chisora too.

Hearn told IFL: “I’d like to see Chisora fight Wilder, why not?

“Maybe he thinks he’ll beat Chisora. I’ll make him an offer, I’ll leave an email this week.

“We’ll do it in America, he needs a fight.”

“You can’t ignore me. You may think I’m a p**** and you may hate me.

“But if I’m overpaying you and putting you on nights like this, no one puts on nights like this.

18 hours ago, Mofo2 said:

Im not; Chisora is way past his best - Wilder should take on Whyte; he has already managed to duck him once!

yep :coffee