Wilder: Deal To Fight Fury is Closer Than Joshua Deal Ever Was

blackrican23

“I believe 100 percent that this fight is going to happen and it’s going to get done. We’re very, very close. Closer than Joshua and me could ever get in a lifetime. It’s definitely gonna happen, there’s no doubt. There’s just a little more work to be done," Wilder told Mike 'Copp' Coppinger of The Ring.

https://www.boxingscene.com/wilder-deal-fight-fury-closer-joshua-deal-ever--130506

Hearn said a couple of tiny little snippets during interviews at the Whyte/Parker event that made it clear to me that AJ seems to be the stumbling block now during the AJ/Wilder talks (which appear to be almost dead in the water) whereas Wilder was the villain of the piece originally over the $$$. The devil was in the detail, as the saying goes, and when the dollar moved up to $8m for Wilder it was AJ who threw a wrench into the flywheel.

Fury then threw his hat in the ring and I think it was viewed by the Wilder camp as a cakewalk. Fury is anything but fit. The harder fight for Wilder I believe is Whyte but will the Wilder team be wanting to start negotiations again with Hearn's Matchroom for a Whyte deal? Maybe sick of them by now.

I think Wilder/Fury gets made  for December and I think Wilder wins convincingly.

And I still say its slightly too early for AJ to be fighting Wilder. Until he has overcome this R6 switchoff issue.

• Upvote 1

• 3 weeks later...

This is how fight should be made, no back and fourth bs, no you need to put up X amount of money, just review the contract agree sign and fight.

• WBF OG

of course this fight is closer, joshua is shamelessly ducking wilder because he's scared as fuck.

4 hours ago, mexfighter said:

of course this fight is closer, joshua is shamelessly ducking wilder because he's scared as fuck.

BuLchesi