Kessler Sparring With Cleverly and Groves Ahead of Bout With Froch

blackrican23

Mikkel-Kessler.jpg

WBA Super-Middleweight Champion Mikkel Kessler will get the most competitive sparring of his career prior to his May 25 showdown with IBF Champion Carl Froch. The Viking Warrior will train with no less than three unbeaten youngsters in his Copenhagen gym this week: WBO Light Heavyweight Champion Nathan Cleverly (26-0, 12 KOs), WBO #1 super middleweight contender George Groves (18-0, 14 KOs) and WBC Youth Light Heavyweight Champion Erik Skoglund (16-0, 9 KOs). Together, they have amassed a perfect record of 60 wins, zero losses and 35 KOs. Kessler´s KO record also stands at 35, along with 46 wins and just two defeats. “It´s great to have them in Copenhagen,†Kessler said. “This is the best preparation I could have asked for. To have three guys like that – a world champion, a youth world champion and a top-ranked contender – is probably as good as it gets in terms of sparring. They are young, hungry and unbeaten and they will push me to the limit. That´s exactly the kind of warm-up I need to beat Carl Froch again.â€

Said promoter Kalle Sauerland: “Mikkel is the kind of fighter who always wants to test himself against the very best, no matter whether it´s training or the actual fight. Cleverly, Groves and Skoglund – the fact that he wants to get it on with them in training really shows you what the Viking Warrior is all about. When push comes to shove on May 25, the fighter with the better preparation will prevail, and that´s just another reason why Mikkel will leave the ring victorious.â€

http://thaboxingvoice.com/kessler-sparring-with-cleverly-and-groves-ahead-of-bout-with-froch/13745