Que

Power lifts

Que

I would like everyone's opinion on powerlifting. What are the most important lifts for powerlifting when it comes to overall strength? Do you think Powerlifting (To a degree obviously - Not trying to powerclean 900 lbs) assists boxers? If so, what are the import lifts when it comes to boxing? No snide remarks, I just want everyone's opinion!

GRIM

Unfortunately I am not too knowledgeable with Powerlifting

Mofo2

I would like everyone's opinion on powerlifting. What are the most important lifts for powerlifting when it comes to overall strength? Do you think Powerlifting (To a degree obviously - Not trying to powerclean 900 lbs) assists boxers? If so, what are the import lifts when it comes to boxing? No snide remarks, I just want everyone's opinion!

I've never power lifted and I don't see any real benefits to a boxer to just lift Heavy weights,there is more to training regime for a Prize fighter than just to snatch th heaviest weight you can!

Layton

to me, clean and press for overall strength

blackrican23

if you do the power lifting exercises ,jerks , snatches etc , with light weight it will help develop the explosive muscles in shoulders , back , tri-ceps , core  etc.

very beneficial imo

CruiserWeight

What is light weight? Is 185lbs considered light weight for power clean? I workout with 165, 185 feels heavy. If I were to get to the point to where 185 felt light, would that still be beneficial? Or are you talking about 135lbs? How many reps should you do? How many sets?

blackrican23

depending on ones physical size. a weight were you can focus on being over explosive in the motion with out thinking about injury, like when a fighter uses hand weights to shadow box , they don't grab 30 lbs dumbbells

10-15 reps x 3-5 sets

CruiserWeight

Interesting, I will have to give that a try after my current cycle is over.

Thanks rican.

SteffiCurdy

depending on ones physical size. a weight were you can focus on being over explosive in the motion with out thinking about injury, like when a fighter uses hand weights to shadow box , they don't grab 30 lbs dumbbells

10-15 reps x 3-5 sets

Thanks