Sturm stops Radosevic in fourth

blackrican23

Former WBA middleweight titleholder Felix Sturm found it hard to find the win column starting with the loss of the alphabet trinket to Daniel Geale last September.

Sturm lost an IBF eliminator against veteran Sam Soliman in February, though the bout was later overturned to a no contest when Soliman tested positive for a performance enhancing substance.

Still, the struggles with Soliman indicated that Sturm was perhaps nearing the end of his career. Looking to prove he had more to offer, Sturm met unbeaten Predrag Radosevic in an eliminator for the IBF’s No. 2 spot in his native Germany.

Sturm (38-3-2, 17 knockouts) turned in a quality performance against the unheralded Montenegro native, dropping Radosevic three times with body shots before the corner threw in the towel in the fourth round.

The fight began competitively, with Sturm popping out a solid jab with regularity. Even at the age of 34, Sturm possesses one of the best jabs in boxing. He properly utilized that weapon, which helped set up his power shots as the fight wore on.

Radosevic (27-1, 9 KOs) was game early, answering back when Sturm would rally offensively. Sturm rocked Radosevic with some big shots towards the end of the round.

Sturm carried the pace through round two, picking his spots to land well-timed counters against the sloppy attack of Radosevic. In the third, Radosevic took a knee following a Sturm attack, and his willingness to fight began to dilute.

In the fourth, Sturm landed a perfect left hook to the body of Radosevic that was reminiscent of famed body puncher Micky Ward. Radosevic instantly fell to the canvas, clutching his side.

Radosevic somehow made it to his feet, and Sturm was conservative with his follow-up. Sturm waded in slowly as his opponent was still not recovered from the body shot that had him down earlier in the round. Sturm landed some good shots to the head, which setup another shot to the body that dropped Radosevic for the third time. Soon after, the corner threw in the towel, making Sturm the winner at the 2:17 mark of the round.

Sturm hopes to land back in the world title picture and is angling for a rematch with Geale, who dethroned Sturm in Germany, a tough task for anyone. Sturm was previously 36-2-2 in Germany, with his lone fight outside of Europe being a controversial points defeat to Oscar De La Hoya in Las Vegas back in 2004.

Geale meets Darren Barker on HBO in August, and Sturm hopes to get the winner of that fight. Sturm also expressed interest in a fight with Gennady Golovkin, the new darling of HBO. This is interesting due to the fact that Sturm avoided a challenge from Golovkin when the two held differing versions of the same WBA belt a few years ago.

With Golovkin's name having grown considerably in the time since, perhaps Sturm sees it as an opportunity to fight for big money. Previously, Sturm toiled against mostly lesser opposition while maintaining his title. If Sturm is truly interested in fighting real competition, he can factor into some really intriguing fights at this late stage of his career.

http://ringtv.craveonline.com/blog/179565-sturm-stops-radosevic-in-fourth

• Members

Sturm still around , maybe he stops ducking GGG now that  he can make more money

Who says he was DUCKING GGG? Adnan has shown once and for all he was never a fluke.

Sturm hasnt been ducking GGG for years that nonsense, it's amazing how all of a sudden Golovkin is the one everyone is reportedly swerving :pms

Sturm hasnt been ducking GGG for years that nonsense, it's amazing how all of a sudden Golovkin is the one everyone is reportedly swerving :pms

I would suggest you look it up before calling nonsense , they both held the WBA champ and interterm bullshit and Sturm chose not to take the mandatory against GGG rightfully so because there wasn't any money in that fight as GGG hadn't become HBO's newest darling YET

but it still was a duck ....

FYI some guys like myself had starting noticing GGG coming on a lil before the Ouma fight , that didn't happen yesterday , now the rest of you guys that don't rate him find it to be all of a sudden because HBO is shoving him down your throat

• Members

Exactly...rican is just baiting and talking garbage. GGG wasn't even a champ until 3 years after Sturm won his last title. And there was NEVER any talk from GGG's camp of a showdown with Sturm.

Its proven fact educate your self before looking stupid its even mentioned in the report I posted for ffs. You act like your fucking Sturm or something :rofl

• Members

Its proven fact educate your self before looking stupid its even mentioned in the report I posted for ffs. You act like your fucking Sturm or something :rofl

In a way, I am...all we Bosnians are!:box

Source: http://www.boxingscene.com/?m=show&id=25764                                                         03-04-2010

By Mark Vester

The battle between Universum and WBA middleweight champion Felix Sturm continues. Sturm filed an affidavit with the high court in Hamburg, Germany, stating that he refuses to to make a mandtory defense against unbeaten Gennady Golovkin if Universum is involved in the promotion of the event.

Sturm is fighting Universum in court over his promotional contract. He claims the contract ran out in early 2009. Universum claims the contract is still good until November of 2012. Universum has put in a counterclaim to prohibit Sturm from taking part in any interim-bout without their involvement or trying to negoiate with another promoter. Sturm said in an affidavit he would vacate the title if anyone forced his hand to fight Golovkin.

The court will rule on the contract in the next couple of months. Sturm could sit out for a better part of the year. A strange situation since Golovkin has recently been battling with Universum and claims his contract is invalid.

Can't wait. :stir

I will start with one for right now , check the date , I NEVER POST SHIT I CANT PROVE  so start crying now :lolatyou

Exactly...rican is just baiting and talking garbage. GGG wasn't even a champ until 3 years after Sturm won his last title. And there was NEVER any talk from GGG's camp of a showdown with Sturm.

13duck-articleLarge-v2.jpg

convenient Slayer to have gone missing in this thread :gay

some peeps struggle to admit they were wrong more so than others i guess :cheah

some peeps struggle to admit they were wrong more so than others i guess :cheah

I didn't state it to bait him , I thought it was common knowledge Sturm wasn't fighting GGG at any cost back then.

And like I stated rightly so at that time Sturm had been in with big names getting paydays , he wasn't going to make shit with GGG.