Canelo: Trout might as well leave his belt

Mofo2

A crowd of 35,000 is expected for the 72,000 seat arena, but Trout isn’t worried about Canelo’s fans changing the outcome out of the fight as long as none of them are allowed in the ring to help him out when things start going downhill for the Mexican fighter.

Trout said to Showtime “He [Canelo] says it’s for revenge, but he might as well leave his belt right here now. He says it’s about revenge, but for me, it’s not about his brother [Rigoberto Alvarez] or his family; it’s always about the belt. I want the world title; he has it, so that’s my motivation.â€

Trout defeated Canelo’s brother Rigoberto Alvarez by a 12 round unanimous decision in 2011 when they battled for the World Boxing Association 154 lb. title in February of that year. Trout won the fight by the scores of 119-108, 119-108 and 119-108. In other words, Trout beat Rigoberto 11 rounds to 1. That’s kind of telling because Rigoberto fights with the same flat-footed style that Canelo does, only he’s three inches taller and has a longer reach.

• WBF OG

Time for Canelo to taste the canvas and lots of leather.  Trout ain't no blown up jr. welterweight.

Time for Canelo to taste the canvas and lots of leather.  Trout ain't no blown up jr. welterweight.

Maybe he gets a little respect of you for a change when he wins the fight then?

• WBF OG

Canelo looked very impressive vs Cotto....oh yeah, the OTHER cotto. 

• WBF OG

A little.

Maybe he gets a little respect of you for a change when he wins the fight then?

• WBF OG

So are you going to admit that I was right all along when he loses?

So are you going to admit that I was right all along when he loses?

Depends on how he gets defeated, but he won't anyways!

• WBF OG

he dominated mosely though, mosely & cotto are pretty much of equal worth on a resume at this point.

haha equal worth huh?  mosley is completely done, where as cotto still has something in the tank