Chavez Jr. Will Not Allow His Father To Enter Camp

blackrican23

www.boxingscene.com

Former WBC middleweight champion Julio Cesar Chavez Jr. (46-1-1, 32KOs) is holding firm on his promise to remove his father, Julio Cesar Chavez Sr., from all future training camps. During Chavez's last camp, for Sergio Martinez last September, there was tension between the two of them. Chavez suffered the first loss of his career. Last year, Chavez Jr. said there issues because his father was giving him advice that was conflicting with the instructions coming from his trainer, Freddie Roach.

"My father will no longer be in my corner. We've agreed to see each other only once a week, because it is very difficult to keep that type of relationship and be a family at the same time. Therefore he will no longer be in my camps with me. He will never stop being my father, but this is something that we feel will be a positive thing to move my career forward," Chavez Jr. said to TeleMex.

Chavez returns on September 7th at Staples Center in Los Angeles and faces Brian Vera.

smoking weed with cereal lunches is ok by me just not for a world level fighter

Jr is just a spoiled kid not anything great in the ring

spoiled in the sense dad set him up for life, hard to follow those foot steps but blowing off training and being lazy is on him

Russell feels entitled true but worked much harder to achieve

Chavez sr is one of the greatest fighters of my era , but being rican I hated leather face , guess Jr rubs me wrong because of dad :D

Can't say he is wrong to exclude his father if he is disruptive to the training routine!

Freddy the dope coach said Sr was the only reason he stayed and wasn't any problems in training :?

Freddy the dope coach said Sr was the only reason he stayed and wasn't any problems in training :?

Depends....one mans ok is another mans problem!

Depends....one mans ok is another mans problem!

stayed as in Roach staying

understood tho Jr wants distance from daddy , allows him to spoke his ganja more freely. Jr smoking enuff dope to make ariza his trainer it seems , lets see  how that works

stayed as in Roach staying

understood tho Jr wants distance from daddy , allows him to spoke his ganja more freely. Jr smoking enuff dope to make ariza his trainer it seems , lets see  how that works

His old man will no doubt be disciplined, you don't achieve what he did in his career without it, but new generations simply will evolve methods....maybe he is considered out dated by Jnr when it comes to training?

His old man will no doubt be disciplined, you don't achieve what he did in his career without it, but new generations simply will evolve methods....maybe he is considered out dated by Jnr when it comes to training?

but he wasn't training Jr , Roach was. guess those shoes were getting larger to fill  by the fight?

fairness to Jr its a pressure I wouldn't want

but he wasn't training Jr , Roach was. guess those shoes were getting larger to fill  by the fight?

fairness to Jr its a pressure I wouldn't want

You know the score...picture the scenario....The old man enters the gymn, he is there 5 minutes and realisese he has forgotten more than half of them know about preparing to fight and he starts to Suggest things, then he starts to point out flaws in Jnr, then he starts to question how and why he is doing certain drills, then he starts getting a little vocal, then he insists changes need making, then yadda yadda yadda

Seems plausible to me the next thing on the list would be next he gets on everyone's tits, because lets face it things cant have been all roses whilst he was there otherwise why the ban?

You know the score...picture the scenario....The old man enters the gymn, he is there 5 minutes and realisese he has forgotten more than half of them know about preparing to fight and he starts to Suggest things, then he starts to point out flaws in Jnr, then he starts to question how and why he is doing certain drills, then he starts getting a little vocal, then he insists changes need making, then yadda yadda yadda

Seems plausible to me the next thing on the list would be next he gets on everyone's tits, because lets face it things cant have been all roses whilst he was there otherwise why the ban?

but Roach said that wasn't the scenario , my guess its more the ringside coaching that bothers Jr

but Roach said that wasn't the scenario , my guess its more the ringside coaching that bothers Jr

Maybe daddio took the inbetween sparring session doughnuts away :cheah

Jr has claimed he saw his dad drink and do drugs, clearly he has daddy issues, it really might be as simple as you did it don't tell me not to do it.

good point

Jr has claimed he saw his dad drink and do drugs, clearly he has daddy issues, it really might be as simple as you did it don't tell me not to do it.

yeah it's like he hasn't had drug issues himself, squeaky clean and all :D